SODE Update

Hey Guys.  I've noticed that Orbx central is usually not very timely for the SODE updates.  So I manually downloaded and updated from SODE site the 1.7.1 update.  Installed and working properly.  However now when I open Orbx central it says there is a SODE update available.  But it's for 1.70.  The older version.  Is there a way to make this go away since obviously I'm on the newest version and don't want to see that get downgraded. 

Hello,

whenever there is a SODE update, the Orbx Central staff are notified and they amend Orbx Central.

Sometimes, they are the last to know and sometimes, it is a weekend or public holiday, or even the

middle of their night.

I don't think we have to worry.

I did the same: Downloaded, installed and registered SODE v1.7.1 from their site when GSX2 required it for their upgrade.

When I opened Central it informed me that v1.7.0 was available. I ignored it. A message then came up that a later version was installed and Central did nothing.

So the smarts must be built into Orbx Central not to install an older version.

Aussie 

I saw this as well. Regardless of when Orbx gets the update I think they need to have a look at their code. It *appears* to me that they simply check for a different version, not necessarily a later version.

Just my 2c.

James

I have an additional wierd problem with SODE. This is for P3D v5.

Everytime I load up Orbx Central it tells me an update is available for SODE. It also always says v1.6.4 is installed - even though I know it can't be as that version was uninstalled some time ago.

So again I uninstall v1.6.4. and update to the latest version and it then correctly states (at the moment) v1.7.1 is installed.

Next time when I open OC again 1.6.4 is back!

What is going on?

There are some errors in the install log, which I cannot be bothered to try to understand  - something about being unable to uninstall an old version.

Any ideas? I don't think it makes much difference to me as I never use large aircraft that need SODE gates in P3D v5 yet.

Ray

Hello Ray,

what is the version number of Orbx Central?

Do you mean this, or something else?

Update for version 4.1.11 is not available (latest version: 4.1.11, downgrade is disallowed).

Of course, you could always attach a copy of the log, if you wish?

Hi Nick

thanks for your reply.

Yes indeed see attached.

It's back to v1.6.4 again today, after uninstalling and installing 1.7.1.0 yesterday

Sorry been a bit lazy as I have a lot of domestic stuff going on at home right now.

I am using 4.1.11 of Orbx Central.

*PS Nick A new scenery issue - Didn't know whether to open a new thread - but I updated Samedan (LSZS) in OC the other day and am now getting VCruntime140.dll CTDs on approach. It was absolutely fine before that.... could you or someone test v1.1?

Appreciated thanks.

Kind regards,

Ray

SODE_InstallLog.log

Ray.  Not sure if this will help you or not.  I was getting the VCRuntime140.dll event code intermittently when requesting pushback in GSX.  I reinstalled the visual basic redistributables and to be safe uninstalled and reinstalled GSX.  As of now the error has gone away.  

Hi micstatic

I don't have GSX installed at the moment and I updated the VCredist 2015-19 just last week, so I will check but I am unsure whether that's the issue. It may be an earlier version of course  (2008 or 2010) but I haven't checked that yet.

I do have the same problem however, with another Orbx airport that Orbx has been able to reproduce i.e with CYBD. That was also a vcruntime140.dll CTD. So some Orbx sceneries are obviously capable of giving this error in v5.

If you or anyonme else has LSZS v1.1 (just updated this week I think) could you check?

Thanks

Ray

Hi,

I got the CTD on approach into Orbx LSZS yesterday as well, but I figured it was a random glitch and didn’t keep logs or anything. But I did update GSX L2 after their big update came out. 

Painfully interesting. 

James

Archived