A communication error occurred p3dv5 - HELP

Hi,

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Orbx - the three requirements(below) multiple times

And still get this error. Inclosed my log file.

Any ideas as I have run out..

central.log

Hi @Tibo

Please do not hijack Gary's topic, the cause of your issue may be completely different.

He has also kindly attached his central.log for the developers to look at, I would highly recommend you do the same when starting your own new topic.

@Gary Lawes hi garry i had the same issue and i think the problem was Avast antivirus as it was updated last night. what i did is that i opened Avast and went to the Virus Chest, found the Orbx files on the bottom of the list and clicked on the little 3 dots on the right hand side of those files and selected Restore and add Exception. restarted Orbx Central and now it is working fine, no more Error messages and Im downloading the new purchases and updated. hope this helps you

10 hours ago, Pouya Khoshgoo said:

@Gary Lawes hi garry i had the same issue and i think the problem was Avast antivirus as it was updated last night. what i did is that i opened Avast and went to the Virus Chest, found the Orbx files on the bottom of the list and clicked on the little 3 dots on the right hand side of those files and selected Restore and add Exception. restarted Orbx Central and now it is working fine, no more Error messages and Im downloading the new purchases and updated. hope this helps you

Thank you Pouya!!!!!  - wasn't able to restore and add an exception, the files are in the vault can't seem to do anything with them.

However: 

Disabled avast for a few minutes to install Libraries, enabled advast after selecting to install all the other airports regions ect. have the avast vault open and it doesn't seem to have picked those files up again.   Sent a report to avast to list as false positive , may be, if the crew from Orbx are reading they cabn contact Avast too!

Will reply again after the files have installed and have restarted.

Update -

added an exception to Avast for the file saturn-win in  'AppData\Local\Programs\Orbx-central\' then restarted Avast - all install - Thanks again Pouya Khoshgoo 

I continue to have the same problem after updating to the 4.11 version. Frankly, I'd appreciate Orbx explaining what background process it's added to Central that apparently now has Avast's attention and which now spits out the attached message (a message that has never appeared before). What are you monitoring and exactly at what moments is this taking place? Or is Central's monitoring now continuous when it's open?

Perhaps it's Orbx who needs to restore to Central to its last known working configuration. The activity on these forums would suggest that was about two weeks ago.

mystery message.png

On 6/6/2020 at 10:00 PM, Gary Lawes said:

Thank you Pouya!!!!!  - wasn't able to restore and add an exception, the files are in the vault can't seem to do anything with them.

However: 

Disabled avast for a few minutes to install Libraries, enabled advast after selecting to install all the other airports regions ect. have the avast vault open and it doesn't seem to have picked those files up again.   Sent a report to avast to list as false positive , may be, if the crew from Orbx are reading they cabn contact Avast too!

Will reply again after the files have installed and have restarted.

Update -

added an exception to Avast for the file saturn-win in  'AppData\Local\Programs\Orbx-central\' then restarted Avast - all install - Thanks again Pouya Khoshgoo 

Thats great! Happy to hear its working fine now

Archived