Missing scenery files kfat

cdsine

Message from xplane when loading flight. 

The following scenery package has a problem and therefore cannot be loaded:

Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_KFAT_Fresno/

It requires an additional library scenery package that is not installed, or it’s missing some of its files. 

Ive tried everything and nothing works. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry to re-open an old-ish topic, but I'm having the same issus as the OP.  I've tried EVERYTHING from verifying to re-installing, then verifying, then making sure the OrbxLib was up to date ( it is), and then getting into the scenery_packs.ini and moving stuff around- all to no avail.  I've attached my log file so smarter brains can assist.  Thanks so much!

-Johnny

Log.txt

9 hours ago, PhooBus said:

Sorry to re-open an old-ish topic, but I'm having the same issus as the OP.  I've tried EVERYTHING from verifying to re-installing, then verifying, then making sure the OrbxLib was up to date ( it is), and then getting into the scenery_packs.ini and moving stuff around- all to no avail.  I've attached my log file so smarter brains can assist.  Thanks so much!

-Johnny

Log.txt 124.11 kB · 0 downloads

Please now attach your scenery_packs.ini as it is layered incorrectly especially regarding the Orbx True Earth addons placement.

Regarding Fresno KFAT I need you to open Orbx Central and choose to Clear your Temp folder and also any backup copy of KFAT that may have been made, How to Clear your Temp folder and the location of any Backup copy is shown in the attached. pic below.

Having ensured that the Temp is now cleared and thta no backup of KFAT is available anywhere, Uninstall KFAT and then reinstall it.

This way we will be making absolutely sure that the download is a fresh one and that Orbx Central is not reading a corrupted version of KFAT when you choose to Verify Files which it will read from the backup copy if it existed.

1.thumb.JPG.a2d08f740be3df86092eced87b880581.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, PhooBus said:

Sorry for the long delay.  I've tried the example you detailed above, but still not working.  Here's my new log as well as the scenery.ini.  Thanks so much!

Log.txt 115.4 kB · 0 downloads scenery_packs.ini 6.74 kB · 0 downloads

I have rearranged your scenery_packs.ini so that the True Earth addons are correctly layered.

This will not necessarily fix your issue with KFAT but was a necessary move anyway to avoid further potential conflicts.

Regarding KFAT. Are you getting an On Screen message about missing files or are you just referring to what is in the XP Log?

If it is just the references in the Log then ignore them.

You are using an unsupported beta version of XP, as I do as well, so XP is designed to show in the Log file ALL potential incompatible files/objects etc for Laminar and 3rd party devs to look at fixing when XP 11.50 becomes a formal release and out of Beta.

scenery_packs.ini

Thank you!  I got onto the beta with hopes that perhaps with KFAT would work by switching over.  Unfortunately, the issue is exactly the same with the stable release.  As far as the on screen message: Capture.JPG.71217708ce8f6bcd5c2d0cdd2361be85.JPG

That's all I get.  The scenery just doesn't display at all.  It's an unpopulated ortho.

If it comes down to it, I can reinstall X-plane from fresh,  add Orbx products,  then add the others one by one until KFAT fails.  Tedious, but should answer questions.

Archived