Overlay

Hi all,

have a lot of fun flying in my TE SD for Northamerica which now covers all available states. 

But for Washington it's mandatory for me to have a scenery for Vancouver because I always fly over to Orcas 

and so since PNW for FSX.

So I did some PR scenery on my own using the famous freeware tool. The imagery is far below TE scenery but it works, I can use it.

What I cannot use is the overlay which is not acceptable either using the one or the other method.

I've read something that the Orbx Xplane team did not create scenery for Vancouver because the aerial imagery you can get is too expensive.  

So my question is the following: Can the Orbx Xplane team create only overlay for Vancouver to Bellingham and the area around Nainamo to help?

I would pay a little fee for it of course. Could be in a file which I can install manually.

Cheers

Andreas 

7 hours ago, andiflyit said:

Hi all,

have a lot of fun flying in my TE SD for Northamerica which now covers all available states. 

But for Washington it's mandatory for me to have a scenery for Vancouver because I always fly over to Orcas 

and so since PNW for FSX.

So I did some PR scenery on my own using the famous freeware tool. The imagery is far below TE scenery but it works, I can use it.

What I cannot use is the overlay which is not acceptable either using the one or the other method.

I've read something that the Orbx Xplane team did not create scenery for Vancouver because the aerial imagery you can get is too expensive.  

So my question is the following: Can the Orbx Xplane team create only overlay for Vancouver to Bellingham and the area around Nainamo to help?

I would pay a little fee for it of course. Could be in a file which I can install manually.

Cheers

Andreas 

We can but ask, but I am pretty sure the answer would be no. Making bespoke addons for someone is not on the cards I believe.Why cannot you use the overlay that you can create with the same tool, ortho4xp? It would be a matter of layering that overlay folder and the ortho imagery correctly in the scsnery_packs.ini wouldn't it? Probably above the Orbx addon.

Hi Jon,

thank you, the overlay works, the functionality is not the problem. I can create it either from Xplane stock sources

or from the Alpilot mesh, but in both cases the quality is poor, it does not always represent what  I can see on the imagery.

A lot of missplaced trees is the biggest problem. 

If the Orbx Xplane team decides to create an official "miniregion" for Vancouver I would spend the same money to buy it as for one entire state.

This miniregion should include Vancouver to Abbotsford/Chiliwack, Squamish in the North and Southeast Vancouver Island around Nainamo in the West.

If you can buy expensive areal imagery it's only a question of pricing, everybody would understand this.

By the way, just installed the Anacortes airport scenery which is great and runs very well. I also have it for FSX/P3d and it's really very good.

The only issue are some anomalies in the water around the islands there, it's not evenly and I have animated water somewhere and somewhere not.

Looks as if the watermasks are not correct but there are also big differences in the color.

Cheers

Andreas

1 hour ago, andiflyit said:

Hi Jon,

thank you, the overlay works, the functionality is not the problem. I can create it either from Xplane stock sources

or from the Alpilot mesh, but in both cases the quality is poor, it does not always represent what  I can see on the imagery.

A lot of missplaced trees is the biggest problem. 

If the Orbx Xplane team decides to create an official "miniregion" for Vancouver I would spend the same money to buy it as for one entire state.

This miniregion should include Vancouver to Abbotsford/Chiliwack, Squamish in the North and Southeast Vancouver Island around Nainamo in the West.

If you can buy expensive areal imagery it's only a question of pricing, everybody would understand this.

By the way, just installed the Anacortes airport scenery which is great and runs very well. I also have it for FSX/P3d and it's really very good.

The only issue are some anomalies in the water around the islands there, it's not evenly and I have animated water somewhere and somewhere not.

Looks as if the watermasks are not correct but there are also big differences in the color.

Cheers

Andreas

Unfortunately the answer regarding a miniregion remains the same.

The water masking around Anacortes is well known and included in a patch/update being beta tested at the moment in house.

Archived