P3Dv5 error

Hello Orbx … I am getting the following error from P3Dv5: "Prepar3d has detected a non-sequential layer ordering within the scenery library list. Would you like Prepar3d to attempt to repair this issue.". I am not sure if this is created by Orbx or by P3Dv5.

I get this error frequently and seemed to originate (perhaps) after I installed ActiveSky3D. Is this something you can help me with or should I report it to prepar3d.

Hello Terry,

you can try renaming your scenery.cfg file.

Then run P3D once to create a new one.

Then run Orbx Central and Help\Sync Simulator.

This should remove any anomalies but it would also remove any other addons' entries.

• 9 months later...

I'm just adding to this in case it helps anyone, as I had exactly the same error message coming up whenever I had gone into options on P3D v 5.1.

I followed the instructions from Nick Cooper above to run Orbx Central and Help\Sync Simulator. I didn't do anything with the scenery.cfg file.

Anyway, that seems to have fixed the problem for me, as I'm not getting the non-sequencial layer ordering massage any more. I had clicked to allow P3D to automatically fix it many times but the error had persisted.

Thanks

Archived