Duplicate KUDD/KBNG with Orbx SOCAL and KPSP

I was flying from KBNG to KUDD and noticed both airports don't look right.  KUDD has duplicate taxi markers and the KBNG looks as if it has conflicting ground textures.  I have Orbx Socal, Orbx KPSP, and vector installed.  I have set KPSP to "Socal" in the configurator and the Vecter AES tool has been run.  Anyone having this issue or know how to fix?

Thank you!

KUDD.jpg

Banning Field.jpg

Also Noticing simiar issue of Duplicate KSAN ship.  I have Orbx KSAN installed.  It seems as if Vector/KSAN/Socal aren't responding to the configurator or something.  I ony have Orbx products installed.  Wondering why they aren't talking to each other on what is installed?  Anyone else have this issue?

KSAN.jpg

Hello,

KSAN has a detailed control panel which you will need to set to match your installation.

See if that helps.

2020-5-20_10-43-20-854.jpg

Global Vector has no place in P3D v5.

This topic may explain why some regions' airports have anomalies.

However,

I am not seeing them:

2020-5-20_10-51-30-263.jpg

2020-5-20_10-54-8-15.jpg

Thank you for responding Nick.  I have attached my control panel configuration.  I have gone through and ensured they are set correctly given my setup.  I am also using Prepar3d v4.5.  I should have mentioned that earlier.

Control Panel.jpg

Hey Nick, I have selected both and am still getting the same result.  I uninstalled Vector as well as SoCal and the issues at KUDD, and the duplicate ships are gone.  Shoulld I attempt to reinstall these in a certain order in hopes that they would talk to each other and prevent from duplicating their sceneries? With Banning Field, it still looks like this.  Just with KPSP, Base Back and OpenLC NA.  It looks much different that what I see on your simulator.  I find this odd because I have two roads as well next to Banning.  That terrain drop is gone however.

Banning 2.jpg

Great.  Trying that now.  As for the anomalies at Banning, would that be a KPSP thing of a Global LC?  I was trying to get them working as they all should before I begin readding.  Would you be able to confirm that Banning looks as it should in the photo?  Again, KPSP is installed and currently set to Global in its control panel. 

Uninstalling the openLC North America is the only thing that made it look correct in default mode.  Perhaps I should move it to a different scenery insertion point on the Orbx Central?  It is as if the textures are bleeding through my open LC NA.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and you can see roads underneath on the left handside.  This is with Global and open LC.  No vector or Socal of KPSP.  I attached KUDD as well and it appears with bleeding textures as well.

OpenLC.jpg

KUDD Bleeding textures.jpg

Hey Nick, it definitely would be better.  However I am trying to figure out what the underlying issue is before I apply SCA.  I am getting odd textures before even applying SCA.  After apply SCA those textures are still there.

Nick, sorry for all of the separate responses.  I have done some more testing and have come to the conclusion that selecting the correct FTX mode which is in my case "FTX Southern California" mode, the necessary files do not turn off.  In at both KPSP and KSAN.  I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, verifying, double checking scenery library insertion is in the correct order etc.  I have searched the forums and have tried anything I have found but it has not solved my issue.  I still get overlapping airports KUDD/KBNG as well as duplicate ships at KSAN.  When I run a BGL duplicate airport scanner at KUDD for instance this is what I see.  I see the KPSP upgraded airport with that scenery package as well as the SCA scenery package active.  Just trying to get everything to play well together..  The only way to get rid of the duplicate boats is to uncheck boats in the KSAN menu. Is there a way to have boats with the scenery and not have a duplicate ship?

BGL.jpg

Hi there, 

If you'd prefer to use the SCA versions of Banning & Bermuda Dunes whilst still having KPSP installed, here are the changes you can make: 

- Go to your Prepar3D\Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KPSP\scenery folder (if you install your scenery straight into the sim rather than use external libraries - as you appear to)

- Rename Westsim_KPSP_PR_1m_AuxAirports.bgl to Westsim_KPSP_PR_1m_AuxAirports.bgl.OFF

- Rename Westsim_APX_KBNG.BGL to Westsim_APX_KBNG.BGL.OFF

- Rename Westsim_APX_KBNG_CVX.bgl to Westsim_APX_KBNG_CVX.bgl.OFF

- Rename Westsim_APX_KUDD.BGL to Westsim_APX_KUDD.BGL.OFF

- Rename Westsim_KPSP_Placement_Banning_Airport.bgl to Westsim_KPSP_Placement_Banning_Airport.bgl.OFF

- Rename Westsim_KPSP_Placement_BermudaDunes_Airport.bgl to Westsim_KPSP_Placement_BermudaDunes_Airport.bgl.OFF

- Go to Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery, copy FTX_SCA_objects_KUDD_PLC.bgl and paste it into Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KPSP\scenery 

This will disable the photoreal ground textures around the airport, as well as the APX, agn & placement files that match it. Ie; the airports will look the same as they do with only SCA installed. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hey Jarrad, flying into KPSP I noticed this.  Duplicate taxiway signs.  I have SCA and KPSP still installed.  any ideas on this one?  I have selected FTX Socal in the control panel for KPSP.  After applying your fixes to KUDD and KBNG that worked.  I hadn't been to KPSP till now and noticed the default. As far as bgls go I have the westim_apx-kpsp.bgl and the ade_ftx_sca.psp bgl.  I am not sure why SCA and PSP aren't talking to each other to let them know they they are both installed and what files to turn off.. Any ideas?2039802444_duplicatesigns.thumb.jpg.25befc15742de1815eb5c2536334a372.jpg

Archived