More advice on P3D

MGC

When installing P3D over FSX, I keep thinking I read somewhere that I should leave FSX installed?? Not sure if that is correct as I really do not want to carry both FSX and P3D on the system.

Should I completely uninstall FSX including all Orbx scenery files? I did read on the REX forum that they suggest leaving Sky Force 3D installed.

Thanks for your advice.

Mike

Hello,

at one point, it was a good idea to leave FSX installed because FTX Central would copy

a great many files from there for the new installation.

However, there is now no point, as Orbx Central cannot do that.

If you have no other good reason to keep FSX, please go ahead and remove it.

I still use mine from time to time, so I still have it, for things that don't work in P3D v4.

I have done the same I stick with FSX for 4 years and got P3dV5 when released. It has taken time and still are for major of the third party addons to be updated.

Yes you will need to rebuy , like PMDG, Qualitywings and even activesky. Lucky that rexsimulations are offering free upgrade that supports both FSX and p3d. Also carenado. aircrafts works with V5 as well as FSX, just expecting and always keep updated with updates. Carenado will need to update there installer for v5 but you can get it to work and fly :) 

My FSX is still installed with all addons :) like we said there so so many aircrafts that I like to fly that doesn't work with p3d    

Thanks for y'alls comments. Really appreciated.

I'll see how it all goes. P3d V5 has another 11 mins to finish downloading.

Thanks again.

Archived