Downloading Freeware for X-Plane 11

I am new to Orbx and this community.  Looks really good.  I am sure the answer to my question is out there somewhere, but I have been searching for quite awhile without success.

I have seen the Excel file with the US freeware list, and i have seen a google map with airport dots that have Orbx freeware.  My question is where does one find the file for a particular airport, and how do you download it?

I opened an Orbx account last night and downloaded two freeware airports for X-Plane.  I also signed up to Orbx Central.  I have no idea how to get to the airport files and download them.

Can someone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

A flight simmer since SubLogic flight simulator (pre-Microsoft FS).  Inactive bug smasher pilot (Licensed in 1980).

1 hour ago, Agger said:

Can someone help please?

Hello Mark, welcome to the forums.

When you signed up to Orbx Central, did you also click on the green Get Central and install it on your PC, that is required.

You have found the Home Page with the Freeware section, and added the software to your account.

Once in you account click on the subject and Open in Central.

Click on Install. I have used the A1 traffic as an example.

Be sure that you also add and install the Xplane libraries from the Freeware section

Home page.jpg

Open in Central.jpg

Install.jpg

Thanks Smudger.  I do have the X-Plane libraries, Central, and the freeware products from Orbx.  I was trying to get some of the freeware airports that are shown on a google map, but I found out the Global Freeware airports shown on that map are only available for FSX/P3D.  I will try to find some Orbx freeware in the X-Plane community.

Thank you for your response.

Mark

I am also having problems. I have downloaded the Orbx Library and was trying to look at the demo for Great Britain South for X-Plane but it doesn't matter which method I choose I get 1) Open in Orbx Central - Safari can't open the specified address, 2) Manual download - error 502 Bad Gateway, 3) Linux/MacOS download - error 502 Bad Gateway. How do I get the demo scenery? And how do I load it? Does it go in the Orbx Library folder? Where does the Orbx Library folder go, should it be in the Custom Scenery file?

Thanks for your help

Hello,

before you can use Orbx Central to install Orbx products, it must first be installed on the computer.

You can find the Mac installer at any of the "Get Central" tabs at Orbx Direct.

This is from the Orbx Central User Guide.

macOS High Sierra (10.13) or later is required.

You can read the whole user guide here.

https://Orbx.to/central-guide

Got it now. I didn't realise that you have to download from Orbx Central. All good now and very impressed with the graphics. I had a quick flight around the Isle of Wight and it is quite realistic although not sure about the Needles. Gonna have to get South England now.

Cheers,

Clive

Archived