Totally Confused - How to re-install GB South ?????

I ran Orbx successfully on an old PC and I am now trying to re-install on a new one.

I logged in and said install but all I seem to have is a backup file, at no time did the down-loader ask

me where I wanted the files ?  Sorry, but I find the Central program very confusing.

Can someone point me in the direction of an idiots guide to a re-install. I am happy to start from scratch

if that is easier. I am thinking of buying the GB North, but as I said before I do not find the downloading 

process intuitive, if anything it's confusing..

The Orbx website seems to remember the old location of the files - is that what is causing the issue?

Help please.....

Peter

42 minutes ago, Peter Wilson said:

I ran Orbx successfully on an old PC and I am now trying to re-install on a new one.

I logged in and said install but all I seem to have is a backup file, at no time did the down-loader ask

me where I wanted the files ?  Sorry, but I find the Central program very confusing.

Can someone point me in the direction of an idiots guide to a re-install. I am happy to start from scratch

if that is easier. I am thinking of buying the GB North, but as I said before I do not find the downloading 

process intuitive, if anything it's confusing..

The Orbx website seems to remember the old location of the files - is that what is causing the issue?

Help please.....

Peter

Open Orbx Central/settings/downloader.

Choose the Clear Temp folder

You say you have a backup copy so on the same it will tell you where your backup folder is located. delete it. If Orbx Central is showing the addon as till installed run the uninstall option.If not then do the first 2 things I mentioned, exit completely from Orbx Central, via the taskbar at the bottom of your screen. Just ticking the X in Orbx Central only drops it to the lower taskbar and does  not exit the programme.Reboot the PC

Open Orbx central and choose the Install option for the addon you want to install into a new location.

See the pic below for guides as to where the above mentioned actions are located

1.thumb.JPG.9ccff5c1e5e8a483c20750819b0d8411.JPG

John

Thanks for the reply.

I've done as you suggested BUT for the last 5 hours I've had the "Canceling" message which will not go away !

You can see that the temp and backup locations are empty.

See attached screenshot.

This software seems unfriendly to me - why isn't there a simple "Install" or "Uninstall" feature ?

I'm close to giving up alltogether...……... 

Peter

Orbx screen.jpg

8 hours ago, Peter Wilson said:

John

Thanks for the reply.

I've done as you suggested BUT for the last 5 hours I've had the "Canceling" message which will not go away !

You can see that the temp and backup locations are empty.

See attached screenshot.

This software seems unfriendly to me - why isn't there a simple "Install" or "Uninstall" feature ?

I'm close to giving up alltogether...……... 

Peter

Orbx screen.jpg

When you did all the deletions / uninstalls etc did you then exit Orbx Central  and reboot the PC? You need to do that. If you get a situation where there appears to be no activity going on in Orbx Central then take a look at his link which gives some guidance as to what to do

Don't give up yet. Orbx Central is the Install/Uninstall tool it is just you are having difficulties at present for some reason. Just recall that it installed the addons fine on your old PC.

Please attach your Orbx Central log file available via Orbx Central/settings/help.

@Nick CooperNick can you move this to the Orbx central support forum please. The user will attach his Orbx central log file shortly so the Central support team can determine what is going on. Thanks

John,

Thanks for the link - deleting the temp/Orbx folder stopped the "Canceling" problem.

Now when I go to Install it says "Installing directly into your simulator folder as it was in FTX Central 3"

But what if I want it to go elsewhere ? - How do I change the location?

Thanks for all your help so far - much appreciated...

Peter

4 hours ago, Peter Wilson said:

John,

Thanks for the link - deleting the temp/Orbx folder stopped the "Canceling" problem.

Now when I go to Install it says "Installing directly into your simulator folder as it was in FTX Central 3"

But what if I want it to go elsewhere ? - How do I change the location?

Thanks for all your help so far - much appreciated...

Peter

Please read this user guide:

Central User Guide.pdf

Archived