SoCal Downtown LA Helipads

I mentioned on the forum in the Preview Screenshots section in the thread - TrueEarth Southern California for XP11 on finals! that none of the buildings in downtown LA are landable. Tony Wrobelwski replied to my post and requested I suggest any actual buildings but he also suggested that making buildings landable impacts on performance. Because of this I have currently only made a single choice of the tallest building. I have selected the Wilshire Grand Center. Something that occurred to me is whether it is possible that hardened helipads could be toggled in the Orbx Central settings for the SoCal scenery like the road textures, so a few more could be added and toggled on or off for those who would complain about any performance loss and/or don't fly helicopters?

Wilshire Grand Center.jpg

• 8 months later...
On 2/15/2021 at 8:13 AM, Tony Wroblewski said:

I did this some time ago, however it added quite a noticeable drop in performance which might be unacceptable to many people and would cause more problems that it would solve.

If you fancy testing it for me, let me know. We may need to make it a toggle option rather than forcing the change on users.

I'm happy to try it out Tony

Archived