KSAN update.

10 hours ago, John Bauder said:

OMG... I *just* found out about this new KSAN because I was using MisterX6 KSAN with Orbx TE SoCal and it was quite bumpy (my original reason for coming here).  

For installation purposes should the proper sequence be:

(1) Update Orbx TE SoCal

(2) Replace MisterX6 KSAN with CaptnChris KSAN

(3) Apply Orbx TE patch

Do we need to re-run that tile for ortho or should that do it?

Thanks all for your work in the previous weeks!

Installing the TE SoCal update will do it. Use either the default KSAN (an update is available at the X-plane Gateway site) or the modded CaptnChris

6 hours ago, Jrbaird19 said:

Is the issue with the city being addressed in a future patch?

Its been a  little quiet regarding the downtown San Diego cityscape.

I assume you are referring to night lighting? The other aspects were dealt with were they not?

@Tony Wroblewski for comment regarding the buildings at night that were reintroduced with your update a while back.

If I’m not mistaken the buildings tony added to Captchris version were temporary. At least I hope so. You can clearly see the difference between the Orbx buildings and the ones he added. 

Yes. The buildings are dark at night correct 

My understanding was (and I could be wrong) that Captnchris had exclusion areas and buildings in the downtown area that were blocking TE SoCal's buildings. Once Captnchris removed those exclusion zones, TE buildings now show. But you are right that the downtown is not light very well/correctly. Not sure the why of that situation. But I'm sure @Tony Wroblewski knows the actual story much better than me! He was going to download the KSAN update and see what he thought, but haven't heard from him on that.

Archived