Scenery Isssue

Hiya,

I have this weekend bought and loaded on the 5 HD scenery's for the west coast of the US.  However when i test flying around the scenery is not HD and the mesh seems to be all over the place.  I dont know what i have done wrong but if you have any suggestions to help cure the issue that would be great.  Yesterday i took off from KSAN to KLAX and KSAN looked completely wrong with autogen overlaying things.  Something just doesnt seem right.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Martin

All seems OK in your scenery_packs.ini so I don't know what the issue can be, Are you saying that all 5 sceneries are performing the same or just SoCal? Are the other 4 OK?

I need a couple of pics please so i can visually see what you are referring to.

Also attach your XP log after a flight flight that demonstrates what you are describing. That file is in the XP directory.

I also suggest you  go to this link and opt in for Fastlane. This will allow you to get v4.1.9 of Orbx Central. There was a possible glitch with the previous Orbx central version in regard to reading the free disk space available. This is apparently more accurate now and has helped to successfully install for some users who had similar issues to yourself.

https://support.orbxdirect.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000167255-What-is-Fastlane-

When you have done that and installed v4.1.9 of Orbx Central, run the Verify Files option for SoCal and test a flight again. 

It wont let me add picture 3 as it will take it over 7.9mb.  But this is what i mean the mesh doesnt look right and the scenery at  ground level doesnt look great at all.  I know I had this in KSAN - Sandiego and KLAX - Los Angeles - similar things happening.  I have not yet tried any different areas but will test.

I cannot see any error in your Log file. I see your settings are quite low for your PC specs. I am unsure about the mesh query you talk about, but an increase in Texture Quality one notch will help the imagery. Ground level textures are never going to be great in any ortho as you probably know.

I can ask @Tony Wroblewski for a comment, but reiterate I see no errors.

Archived