Terra Flora not downloading

Hiya Nick et al-

I purchased the new TerraFlora (already owned Trees HD, thanks for the upgrade pricing).  I keep trying to install and it says checking, but does not move to the download queue.  Could someone please take a peek?

Ta!

C

Operating system:  W10

Simulator:  P3D v4.5 HF3

Screenshot:  NA

Issue:  No product DL

Nick-

When I click on the SECOND link in your prerequisites I get

542750800_Annotation2020-05-11200812.jpg.7408c82bbc68fc55443c48f03625654c.jpg

I have a newer version already and it will not allow me to install this one without UNINSTALLING the newer version.

I already had the other 2 files, but did a repair regardless, rebooting each time.

This is all a bit awkward for the end user.

Ta- C

PLEASE REPLY IN THIS POST not Rob's so we can keep them separate.  Ta!

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @cavaricooper

Your log file indicates that the Orbx Central worker is crashing during the disk check step. We're including a fix for your specific issue in the next fastlane release which we'll try get out ASAP. In the meantime you can opt out of the fastlane to use a previous version of Orbx Central.

Thanks Josh, that’s more than sufficient and is appreciated. Would I get some sort of email, or do I just need to keep checking? In the meanwhile, I have lots of other Orbx gems to keep me happily occupied.

My thanks to the team. Stay safe and well.

C

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @cavaricooper

The change is in the latest beta release of Orbx Central. We'll likely have this out to fastlane within the next few days if there are no issues.

Hello,

this seems to be the latest problem.

2020-05-22T17:28:42.663Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.ArgumentException: Drive name must be a root directory (i.e. 'C:\') or a drive letter ('C'). (Parameter 'driveName')

Where are you trying to install the product to?

Nick- It's trying to install in my Orbx Main Library which is at \\SIMULATOR\Prepar3Dworld\Orbx\Orbx Library which is where I set up the Library when moving to the new Orbx Central.  This is the first product I am installing with the new Orbx Central.

Ta- C

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @cavaricooper

On windows paths normally begin with a drive letter if its not a network location. One of the first installation steps is to ensure that the drive has enough free space. This check is looking for a drive letter (i.e c:/) in the path and failing as the location is set as a network share.

One option is to disable disk space checking in the downloader options so this check never occurs. The other option is to map your network share to a drive letter with the "Map Network Drive" option in File Explorer.

image.png

Then updating the path to the library in Orbx Central to use mapped path with the drive letter.

@Josh Koz Thanks!  That finally did it.  I just renamed the path (even though it points to the same place and Orbx Central picked that version of path statement).  Once \\SIMULATOR was replaced by S:\ all went well.

Excited to see what a difference it makes in the sim.

Best- C

Archived