Photoreal sceneries of US Bases Ramstein

So I wonder why Photoreal sceneries of US Bases Ramstein IS NOT INCLUDED in the example Images...

I bought GERMANY SOUTH (with Ramstein Airbase), but photoreal scenery ???

I worked there for almost 8 years...sorry !!!

15 minutes ago, Andi2310 said:

So I wonder why Photoreal sceneries of US Bases Ramstein IS NOT INCLUDED in the example Images...

I bought GERMANY SOUTH (with Ramstein Airbase), but photoreal scenery ???

I worked there for almost 8 years...sorry !!!

Umm...maybe because it's a military base?^_^ I mean, you cannot just fly a drone or a private plane over a military base and start snapping pictures or video footage. If you worked there, I assume you are aware of the photography limits on U.S. bases? And, I am sure, for security reasons, the satellite imagery of military installations, not to mention a huge U.S. Air Force base, are very limited. And, what IS available to the general public is going to be even lower resolution than normal.

Just some food for thought :) Trust me, I have served 28 years in the U.S. military and been to lots of bases. As much as I would love to see them accurately represented in my flight sim, I fully understand the realistic limitations and implications. 

Hope this makes some sense :) 

Cheers!

Landon

Hi Landon,

thanks for your reply.

I'am well aware of the restrictions...but I would at least expect a better quality...just check Google Maps....

Hope this makes some sense ;-)

Cheers

Andy

32 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Umm...maybe because it's a military base?^_^ I mean, you cannot just fly a drone or a private plane over a military base and start snapping pictures or video footage. If you worked there, I assume you are aware of the photography limits on U.S. bases? And, I am sure, for security reasons, the satellite imagery of military installations, not to mention a huge U.S. Air Force base, are very limited. And, what IS available to the general public is going to be even lower resolution than normal.

Just some food for thought :) Trust me, I have served 28 years in the U.S. military and been to lots of bases. As much as I would love to see them accurately represented in my flight sim, I fully understand the realistic limitations and implications. 

Hope this makes some sense :) 

Cheers!

Landon

Hi Landon,

thanks for your reply.

I'am well aware of the restrictions...but I would at least expect a better quality...just check Google Maps....

Hope this makes some sense ;-)

Cheers

Andy

I suggest this, if you have an issue with the scenery you purchased, go to the effort of,

Opening a Topic in the appropriate Forum designated to the Simulator.

Providing Coordinates of the Location

Providing a Screenshot

Checking and reporting if you have a 3rd party Add On for this location.

Providing your .cfg file

Archived