Learning a lesson

My computer specs- i7-8700K Coffee Lake CPU 6 cores 3.7-4.7GHz,Nvidia GTX 1060  6GB, 32 GB DDR4 3000mhz,24” Asus VS247H Widescreen LED monitor are not enough to run P3Dv5 even at Default-constant stutters-very unpleasant!

V 4.5h2 is smooth

Saving for a new computer!

xxd09

Sounds to me like some setting isn't configured optimally for your current system.

LOD Radius usually doesn't need to be at more than "High", same with Autogen draw distance.  "Use High resolution terrain textures" can cause stutters, and the visual difference isn't that noticeable. Make sure Dynamic 3D Vegetation is turned off, that can cause massive stutters. The new atmospheric rendering looks cool, but the performance hit is very high so try using the old atmosphere while you work out which settings work best on your system. If you do turn it on, try leaving Cloud Resolution at Medium or Low. Also, keep in mind that SSAA uses a lot more GPU than MSAA or FXAA.

Thanks for that 

I am using Default settings with Dynamic 3D vegetation turned off to see Orbx trees

So pretty near your advice if not actually doing it

Another interesting fact is that on initial start and flight -things are good but deterioration occur as time goes on

Settings sit at 1.6 GB of 5GB available and frame rate is good at 29-30 all the time

Thanks for your help

xxd09

Archived