boat problem

Good morning,

i use P3Dv5. Initially i had installed the Orbx products purchased (all Orbx products for P3D) in the simulator directories and no problems occurred. Later i procedeed to transfer an external library. While the simulator is loading, the 4 pop-ups appear (in the attachment). Uninstalling Broome (58507b89125c7) only the first pop-up remains, of which i was unable to understand the origin. By reinstalling Broome both inside P3D and in external library the other 3 pop-ups reappear. What do you recommend?

Best regards

Maurizio RIzzotto

ERR_1.jpg

ERR_2.jpg

ERR_3.jpg

ERR_4.jpg

Hello,

It looks like the migration does not include the Boats.

If you wish to add boats to an external library, you will have to remove them from

your simulator folder, or you will indeed have two of each.

The error messages are telling you which ones to remove.

4 hours ago, Maurizio Rizzotto said:

i use P3Dv5. Initially i had installed the Orbx products purchased (all Orbx products for P3D) in the simulator directories and no problems occurred. Later i procedeed to transfer an external library. While the simulator is loading, the 4 pop-ups appear (in the attachment). Uninstalling Broome (58507b89125c7) only the first pop-up remains, of which i was unable to understand the origin. By reinstalling Broome both inside P3D and in external library the other 3 pop-ups reappear. What do you recommend?

Best regards

Maurizio RIzzotto

Hello, 

This is a new problem introduced by P3D v5 that I happen to be working on to make the Orbx Seaplane Bases compatible.  In order to speed up loading, particularly with mulitplayer the sim is now indexing these AI objects by the name used in the associated traffic files. When the same boat is used by several products that are installed within the sim in the traditional manner, no problem is created because all the boats are installed in the SimObjects\Boats folder, and the products reference the same boat. 

However when products are installed in an external library as xml add-on 'packages', each package is self contained and has all the files necessary for it. That can create duplicate boats, and I would guess, other duplicate AI objects.

There are no easy solutions that you can do yourself without the possibility of Orbx Central undoing them.  The solution I have chosen for my work is to rename boats so they are unique and then revise the traffic files. 

Cheers,

Archived