The new lockheed martin V5 question

timmo32

Gday guys i hope your all well,i was wondering as i have the lockheed sim version PDv4 on my C drive default location, and want too keep this sim for a while as i have addons,jet liners ect and most likely wont  be able too get them in the new version of PDv5 apart from there default airlines for a while ,ive got 3 harddrives on my pc and would like too install this new sim on one of my other harddrive Without deleting my PDv4 sim,is this possible on drives D/E/G too install on these drives would i have any issues running the new PDv5 sim from here? and would any Orbx products directed too the new drives have any issues? other then the Default C drive and messing up up my current PD4 sim?would i have any issues/permission in windows 10 thankyou for any replys.having the latest version of this New PDv5 would be great and keeping the older version of PDV4 on my C drive for a while why waiting for them too catchup with my jet liner addons via rickadoo thanks gents for any help :)

16 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

an installation of P3D v5 onto a PC with P3D v4 will have no effect on either.

LM have designed the software to be entirely separate.

Thankyou nick your always a great help,can i still use ftx central and load up the new PDv5 scenery from this without it screwing things up with Orbx thanks.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Yes, you can indeed.

Yet again thankyou nick your a great help,ive successively installed the new sim PDv5 onto my G drive and have too be carefull i dont direct these Orbx files in the wrong place tho they will possibly auto detect this? ,now i have gone into Orbx central and i see on my purchases they have added PDV5 option on most of them which they are working on more of them too suit PDV5, my question is ive clicked on this and it said mirgrate too library?i just dont want to stuff this up,i want too add the Orbx stuff too this new sim?thanks for you understanding,goblal,VS AU2 ect thanks mate.

The only way to share the files is to use symbolic links.

Even in an Orbx Central Library, Orbx Central will look into the p3dv4 folder for P3D v4 files and the P3D v5 folder for P3Dv5 files.

You can link them to avoid duplication but if there are any differences, of course you will not have them.

Ok i guess im not a tech savy person in some of these copy and paste or tranfer stuff,as i dont want too screw stuff up,im blessed for all the help,Orbx stuff in this new sim would be great,:) ive never been tech savy and im getting worse as i get older.

Archived