All Orbx data deleted

The strangest thing has happened to my Orbx data in P3DV5. The file folders are all there but the data in the individual product folders has been deleted. The process I used to install Orbx in P3DV5 was to copy my Orbx folder from P3DV4 to P3DV5. I have P3DV5 installed on a dedicated M2 SSD. I copied 416GB of data then ran the verify files for all products. Orbx Central did a great job of installing all the scenery.

Currently the Orbx in P3DV5 has 4.29 mb of data. This is the folders. I have excluded P3DV5 from Avast and Windows defender is turned off. I did not have P3DV5 excluded in Malwarebites.

Any thoughts as to the cause or prevention of a re-occurrence?

Greg

Hello Greg,

a simple copy and paste should have worked, I cannot see why any anti virus or anti malware software should have

had any effect at all on a routine procedure like that. There is nothing at all in the Orbx set up that could cause such a problem.

What you did is more or less what I have done, except I did not copy the files but used a symbolic link.

I take it that you still have the files in your P3D v4 installation?

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Greg,

a simple copy and paste should have worked, I cannot see why any anti virus or anti malware software should have

had any effect at all on a routine procedure like that. There is nothing at all in the Orbx set up that could cause such a problem.

What you did is more or less what I have done, except I did not copy the files but used a symbolic link.

I take it that you still have the files in your P3D v4 installation?

Yes Nick I still have my files in P3DV4. I am in the process of re-installing to P3DV5.  The files in P3DV5 worked fine for the first 6 days. Very unusual. I am going to chock it to a cyber  anomaly.

Greg

Archived