Strange edges on trees

Hello!

I run P3D version 5 with all Orbx global products and it all looks great, but somehow I've got a strange bug with autogen trees. Trees have a kind of transparent edges which I didn't have in version 4. Does anybody else have this too?
Here is a screenshot to make it clear:

5Bh66TQ.jpg

Of course I've got Dynamic trees turned OFF.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling HD Trees, synchronizing the Sim in Orbx Central, but nothing works. Any idea?

Hello Nick,

Thank you for answering so fast again.

But are you sure it was the same in P3D v4? I just took a screenshot from more or less the same spot in P3D version 4, and I've got no edges there:

nCrw0kA.jpg

Hello Nick,

Thank you again.

I just read the topic with 'Known Issues'.
I suppose you're aiming at that part: "The visual effects system has been changed and thus some dynamic effects (smoke, spray, lighting, etc.) may be oversized or display odd colors or have transparency issues." ?

Will Orbx try to find some fix for it? Or should we see it as a P3D bug, which LM will (hopefully) be fixing some day?

This bit:

Pixelated edges around trees and buildings, against clouds or background terrain, when Enhanced Atmospherics is active (note that LM note this feature as "Beta" and therefore still being improved upon)

but we see them in both modes.

Hi there.

Yes the same problem here. Kind of blue color around the edges of the trees. Only in v5. I never have seen this in V4.5. I activated Orbx global trees and deactivated it, but that doesn't make any difference. I think LM had the key for the solution. So for the moment we have to live with it. But I'm confident that the developers will find a solution. Just give them some time. 

Rein

Hello Rein,

I just tested with enhanced atmosphere (beta) and I can confirm it solves the problem. But that seems to require more VRAM, which isn't an option for me, since I run P3D with a 4GB video card with high resolution textures ON, so I will be running out of VRAM too fast if I run enhanced atmosphere as well.

Mathieu

Archived