Cannot migrate Global Base

I'm preparing my system for upgrading from P3Dv4.5 HF2 to P3Dv5 ...

Many of my Orbx sceneries have already been set up or migrated to my library (that lives on a separate drive). All good so far.

I'm now trying to migrate everything one by one (except VECTOR, which I'll simply uninstall) - *BUT* Orbx Central is refusing to migrate Global BASE (!!).

Any ideas?

Of course - I could always uninstall it and then reinstall it from scratch, but I'm hoping I can save myself the trouble. Is it because it specifically needs to be in P3D root?

Adam.

Hello Adam,

at present, it is indeed inside the root folder, so a migration would remove thousands of core files and P3D would not work.

You will be able to install Global base inside or outside the P3D v5 folder, as you wish.

It is to be fervently hoped that there will soon be a new version of P3D v5, so outside would be the better choice.

Thanks, Nick - much appreciated! I'll reinstall Global Base from scratch after I install P3Dv5.

I've managed to move the vast majority of my add-on aircraft (and migrated what Orbx stuff I could) to folders outside P3D, which I'm pleased about.

Adam.

Archived