EGCB - Loading a Manchester Barton flight causes CTD

Werk

Dear all,

Since installing Caernarfon airport and updating the SAM plugin (library), X-Plane 11 (most recent 'stable' version 11.41) crashes to desktop when I try to open a new flight at Manchester Barton.

I can now also not load any flight at Liverpool or Manchester Intl. either.

When I try to fly from Caernarfon to Manchester Barton, X-Plane CTDs when I am nearing Liverpool.

Does anybody have any idea why this happens? And best of all, any idea how to fix this?

Cheers Karl

3 hours ago, Werk said:

Dear all,

Since installing Caernarfon airport and updating the SAM plugin (library), X-Plane 11 (most recent 'stable' version 11.41) crashes to desktop when I try to open a new flight at Manchester Barton.

I can now also not load any flight at Liverpool or Manchester Intl. either.

When I try to fly from Caernarfon to Manchester Barton, X-Plane CTDs when I am nearing Liverpool.

Does anybody have any idea why this happens? And best of all, any idea how to fix this?

Cheers Karl

Please attach your XP Log file available in the XP directory, immediately after a flight that causes the CTD. It must be after a CTD and not after a successful flight.

Also attach your scenery_packs.ini for review. Thanks

Dear Jon, 

attached please find the log.txt file which was generated by X-Plane after CTD (I keep on getting the X-Plane crash report notification which I sent off twice) upon failing to load a Manchester flight.

Further, I attach my current scenery_packs.ini.

Please note that

(a) I verified Manchester Barton using Orbx Central,

(b) I ran the X-Plane update,

(c) as this did not help, I removed (no uninstall using Orbx Central) the Manchester Barton folder and Manchester overlay folder and stored them both outside X-Plane.

Unfortunately this did not cure the problem either.

True Earth Central and North remain installed. Caernarfon works fine.

The problem seems to be restricted to Scousers and Mancunians.

Thank you very much for attending to my query. I would be delighted to fly from Manchester without having to delete the entire X-Plane and Orbx installation and to download all those Gigs again.

Kind regards Karl

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

Thanks. I note that the log file you attached was after a crash without Manchester installed or at least linked to your Custom Scenery folder.

I need you move the Manc files back to where they  were and use Orbx Central to uninstall it. Also make sure you clear your temp folder and any backup copy you may have. How to this and where to find if you have a backup is illustrated in the attached pic. Reboot your PC.

Restart Orbx central and install Manchester again. The original may have become corrupted that is why it is important to remove any back up and clear the temp folder so that running Verify Files doesn't just read the possibly corrupted file and say all is OK.

InkedInkedCapture_LI.thumb.jpg.2ee49837e089b1b25a6542599303394f.jpg

Dear Jon.

thank you. Will do.

It is a good idea in any case to disable the automatic backup.

Up to now, I have deleted the contents of the backup folder manually.

Now I know that there is a temp folder as well. Mine is apparently located in C:/UserXXX/AppData/Local/Temp/Orbx/temp

Kind regards Karl

Dear Jon,

I did what you suggested.

Unfortunately my problem persists, X-Plane crashes and the invitation to file a report appears on the screen.

I attach the log file and the scenery_packs.ini once more.

Also, the scenery_packs.ini is strangely affected. The last three lines are partly repeated.

Please note that the last line in log.txt reads >Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/Earth nav data/+50-010/+53-003.dsf (541707 tris, 30 skipped for -4.9 m^2)
before --=={This application has crashed!}==--

There was exactly the same entry in the last log.txt I sent to you.

Can you think of another way to solve my problem?

Kind regards Karl

Log_Karl_21-4.txt scenery_packs_Karl_21-4.ini

2 hours ago, Sentry11 said:

If your network connection is working okay then try disabling this line in your "scenery_packs" ini file and see if the crash still occurs at Manchester Barton.

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGCB_B_Barton_Overlay/

Hello good morning,

thank you. My network connection is working okay. Why is this important? 

I can give it a try to delte that line but I have done so before actually because I deleted both the Manchester Barton folder and the overlay, and also changed the "scenery_packs" ini file. That did not help any.

Please note that the CTD also occurs when I try to load a flight at Manc Intl. and Liverpool.

I have not tried Birmingham as yet, maybe worth a try.

I suspect that the True Earth Central install is corrupted, although Caenarfon airport works. As I have written before, I also CTD in the air when flying from Caernarfon and approaching Liverpool.

This here log text entry just before the CTD occurs makes me think: >Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/Earth nav data/+50-010/+53-003.dsf (541707 tris, 30 skipped for -4.9 m^2.

Why don't I delete (and store on a USB stick) the Nav Data inside Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/Earth nav data/ and verify True Earth Central so new Nav Data will load?

I can still paste the Nav data back if that fails.

Or uninstall True Earth Central entirely and reload.

(Mind, Manchester is in Central and not North, right?)

Any opinion?

Thanks anyway.

Kind regards Karl

The only reason I mentioned it is because of the following in your last log.txt. Whether it has anything to do with the cause of your crashes, I do not know.

A network connection could not be established.
0: 00: 04.305 E / SYS: | This means that your operating system obviously cannot establish a working connection via Ethernet or a WIFI adapter.
0: 00: 04.305 E / SYS: | This could be due to the fact that you have accidentally deactivated your network card or that you have to manually install the drivers for your network adapter.
0: 00: 04.305 E / SYS: | You cannot use multiplayer or other network features until the problem is resolved.
0: 00: 04.305 E / SYS: | (inet_main.cpp: 575)

0:00:04.305 I/NET: (RakNet) Init: Successful!
0:00:04.305 E/NET: multicast_socket_udp::init: no valid sockets initialized with parameters (port 49707, ipv4 239.255.1.1, ipv6 ff03::49:707)
0:00:04.305 E/NET: Failed to init multicast *BEACON* socket, check log lines above for details!

I see.

When I switch my ethernet adapter on, my network connection does work.

Only I never fly online. I always keep my flight sim rig offline unless I have to download a new Orbx airport or other such things.

X-Plane notes that I am not connected to the internet and there is a message.

X-Plane works either way though. Not being connected to the net is not a problem.

That is not the cause of the CTDs.

Cheers Karl 

Just to add: when I flew X-Plane online (after verifying files and leaving the net connection on), I also had CTDs at Manchester, and I have flown X-Plane offline with Orbx on for ages and never had the CTDs before.

Regards Karl

I figured I would take another look at your last posted "ini" file, and towards the bottom I see the following:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLH_Needles/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_North_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/
ueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/

@Werk I need to test please.

Rename your Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery.bak

Create a new folder called Custom Scenery.

From your Custom Scenery.bak folder create shortcuts to the 3 TEGB Central files of Custom/ overlay and ortho.

Also make shortcuts to EGCB and the EGCB overlay folders and OrbxLibs and Global Airports.  

Place all the shortcuts into the new Custom Scenery folder. Start XP and exit immediately.Open your scenery-packs.ini file and make sure the following layering sequence is adopted. Cut and paste as required.

Global Airports

TEGB South Custom

TEGB South Overlay

TEGB South Ortho

OrbxLibs XP.

Try a flight from Barton

Report back.

Well for what its worth I tried a 10 mile VFR right approach to EGCC and had a CTD with auto bug request to Laminar. Something sure strange going on in that area. But the CTD didn't mangle my ini file. I wasn't able to duplicate the CTD on a second attempt.

0:11:16.335 I/ATC: All departures are done at XEG000I. Advancing...
0:11:16.335 I/ATC: Changing XEG000I CabState from 1 to 2
0:11:16.335 I/ATC: All arrivals are done at XEG000I. Advancing...
0:11:16.335 I/ATC: Changing XEG000I CabState from 2 to 0
0:12:27.323 I/WIN: Opened window Map Window
0:13:00.003 I/WIN: Opened window Map Window
0:13:52.041 I/SCN: DSF load time: 87079 for file Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+50-010/+54-001.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:13:52.313 I/SCN: DSF load time: 195555 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/Earth nav data/+50-010/+54-001.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:13:52.784 I/SCN: DSF load time: 919558 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGTH_A_OldWarden/Earth nav data/+50-010/+52-001.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:13:53.257 I/SCN: DSF load time: 928248 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/Earth nav data/+50-010/+54-001.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:13:54.175 I/SCN: DSF load time: 1450740 for file Custom Scenery/EGXT - Wittering RAF/Earth nav data/+50-010/+52-001.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:13:54.354 I/SCN: DSF load time: 107615 for file Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+50-010/+52-001.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:13:54.354 I/SCN: DSF load time: 110494 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/Earth nav data/+50-010/+52-001.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:13:54.721 I/SCN: DSF load time: 1440445 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/Earth nav data/+50-010/+54-001.dsf (475209 tris, 20 skipped for -105.6 m^2)
0:13:55.910 I/SCN: DSF load time: 1409771 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/Earth nav data/+50-010/+52-001.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:13:57.563 I/SCN: DSF load time: 1593000 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/Earth nav data/+50-010/+52-001.dsf (633874 tris, 15 skipped for -3.9 m^2)
0:14:03.190 I/SCN: DSF load time: 26706 for file Custom Scenery/EGCN - Doncaster Sheffield/Earth nav data/+50-010/+53-001.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:14:03.544 I/SCN: DSF load time: 381941 for file Custom Scenery/EGNE - Retford Gamston/Earth nav data/+50-010/+53-001.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:14:03.620 I/SCN: DSF load time: 100747 for file Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+50-010/+53-001.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:14:03.782 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Castles/TE_GB_POI_RG_Wressle_Castle.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/objects/Landmarks/'.
0:14:03.973 I/SCN: DSF load time: 290571 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/Earth nav data/+50-010/+53-001.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:14:05.525 I/SCN: DSF load time: 1547276 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/Earth nav data/+50-010/+53-001.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:14:08.333 I/SCN: DSF load time: 2736438 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/Earth nav data/+50-010/+53-001.dsf (820384 tris, 102 skipped for -188.6 m^2)
--=={This application has crashed!}==--

Dear Jon,

I followed your instructions.

There is a new scenery_packs.ini inside the new Custom Scenery folder which contains the short-cuts.

The entries in the new scenery_packs.ini in the new Custom Scenery folder are arranged like this:

Global Airports

TEGB Central Custom

TEGB Central Overlay

TEGB Central Ortho

Barton Manchester City

Barton Overlay

OrbxLibs XP

I did not change anything.

I loaded a Barton flight using the Stinson.

And... it works. No CTD.

I think the airport grass looks a bit strange, but no CTD.

Now this is amazing. Thanks for now.

So what is next?

Please, I'd be thrilled to pieces to get my X-Plane sim back on the road again, without using the short cuts actually.

Kind regards Karl Werk (sorry I replied to your no-reply mail, but now here I am)

Good news. It is telling us that there is nothing wrong with the Orbx addons and therefore there is something wrong with another addon that you have which is causing your problem.

I can only suggest that you slowly and methodically add into your new Custom scenery folder some other addons until you get a CTD. You will then know the root cause of your issue. I am satisfied that the Orbx addons are not the cause of your problems.

Dear Jon,

this is rather bad news.

Other than the Aerosoft airports which Laminar adds by default, I have only Orbx scenery installed in X-Plane, and as you can see in the scenery_ini, quite a lot of them.

I may say that without the Orbx sceneries, I would not touch X-Plane with a ten foot pole, but the Orbx sceneries with transparent roads make all the difference.

So there. 

My most recent Orbx acquisitions were Caernarfon and Bristol Intl.

I uninstalled Bristol as I had bad stutters on approach.

As plane add-ons I have the Nimbus Huey and a freeware Zlin 142.

And I have recently added the Uwe water plug-in. I moved the Uwe plug-in file out of Resources of course, but this did not get rid of the Manchester area CTDs.

I am writing this because I am back on square one.

Renaming the Custom Scenery.bak folder to Custom Scenery (removing the one with the short-cuts) and loading a Barton flight using the Stinson, there is my familiar CTD.

Also the scenery_packs.ini got mangled again.

Some time has passed since I have last loaded a Manchester Barton flight that did not crash, and I have added many Orbx products in the meantime, but as I said, no other (third party) scenery.

So this is a sad day for me as I will have to download a clean X-Plane install from scratch, and hopefully add one Orbx Product after the other (Bristol will have to wait though and I will also not install Orbx London City EGLC ever again because EGLC turned the X-Plane London area into a slow slide picture show (quite a while ago).

I will revert to the matter as I proceed to install the Orbx Sceneries one by one.

Kind regards Karl

Dear Jon,

I would like to report that I first uninstalled Caernarfon and loaded Manc, CTD.

I uninstalled Manc and loaded Manc, CTD.

I uninstalled True Earth Central and loaded Manc, CTD.o

I also uninstalled all Plug-ins (SAM and Uwe2) and loaded Manc, CTD.

Then I uninstalled all my Orbx sceneries. Strangely the bulk of the files remained on my hard disk despite the uninstall by way of Orbx Central.

X-Plane worked like a charm now, with minimum loading times, but what I see is generic and ugly.

(By the way, when I successfully loaded Manchester Barton with your short cuts solution, I know now that the generic look I saw was just that, the generic air Barton field, although Barton was installed and figured in the new scenery_packs.ini.

The Orbx Manchester Barton scenery did not load at all with the short-cuts Custom Scenery folder.

I deleted the entire X-Plane folder with the remaining Orbx data in it.

I hope Orbx Central will give them back to me.

Anyway. I will now download a brand new X-Plane install.

There is nothing like a thorough spring clean.

Cheers Carl

2 hours ago, Werk said:

Dear Jon,

I would like to report that I first uninstalled Caernarfon and loaded Manc, CTD.

I uninstalled Manc and loaded Manc, CTD.

I uninstalled True Earth Central and loaded Manc, CTD.o

I also uninstalled all Plug-ins (SAM and Uwe2) and loaded Manc, CTD.

Then I uninstalled all my Orbx sceneries. Strangely the bulk of the files remained on my hard disk despite the uninstall by way of Orbx Central.

X-Plane worked like a charm now, with minimum loading times, but what I see is generic and ugly.

(By the way, when I successfully loaded Manchester Barton with your short cuts solution, I know now that the generic look I saw was just that, the generic air Barton field, although Barton was installed and figured in the new scenery_packs.ini.

The Orbx Manchester Barton scenery did not load at all with the short-cuts Custom Scenery folder.

I deleted the entire X-Plane folder with the remaining Orbx data in it.

I hope Orbx Central will give them back to me.

Anyway. I will now download a brand new X-Plane install.

There is nothing like a thorough spring clean.

Cheers Carl

Just load one addon at a time and test. Don't start installing all of them in a hurry. 

Direct each addon into your XPlane directory.

I suggest you install TEGB Central and then Barton and OrbxLibs. Start XP and then exit and make sure the scenery-Packs.ini is layered like I mentioned in my previous post:

Global Airports

TEGB Central Custom

TEGB Central Overlay

TEGB Central Ortho

Barton Manchester City

Barton Overlay

OrbxLibs XP

If that works OK then install another Orbx addon and follow the same process. Remember that addon airports go above Global Airports, and that Orbx True Earth scenery go below Global Airports. OrbxLibs can be at the bottom.

Archived