What is the plan to make compatible Global Airport Pack and NA GA

Hello Orbx,

No pressure. Please correct me if I'm wrong,  I just wanted to know if they were plan to make compatible with Prepar3D v5 two Orbx freewares :

Again, no stress, no pressure. Just to have a kind of roadmap and figure out how I have to manage my addon migration.

Thanks !

• 2 months later...

I read somewhere that the freeware Ai Pack would not be made compatible for v5. Dont know about ai North America but I thiink these ac were designed to populate the freeware pack. So where that leaves it, somebody else will have to answer. So where does one find AI traffic light ga planes in v5 for NA?

You can also use the freeware ai pack in v5, you just have to set it up yourself using xml addon .  Some airports look fine and some have added stock v5  stuff showing. 

12 hours ago, hjmx said:

They made AU ai traffic compatible for v5. Why wouldn't thy do that for NA ai too?

It needs a developer to take on the task and the spare time to do it.  It's a labour of love being freeware, nothing in it for the devs other than the glory and the warm fuzzy feeling they get doing something for free.

8 hours ago, John Dow said:

It needs a developer to take on the task and the spare time to do it.  It's a labour of love being freeware, nothing in it for the devs other than the glory and the warm fuzzy feeling they get doing something for free.

How about we users add the exclusions needed for the Freeware Airport Packs and post them here, somewhere.
Easy enough with ADE. (Already done it for many of my payware non V5 ready/compatible airports)

Won't be perfect or up to Orbx best standards. But at least whose airports won't be forgotten.

Cheers.

Ramon, can you give a little write up on how to do that with ADE...Not a tutorial on using ade, but what steps are needed once you have the v4 project file loaded in ade. I tried it

for my home airport and ended up with a ton of stock v5 stuff which I will have to remove. Im not sure if im even doiing it right. 

@rickgo Sorry, not on my PC right now.

will post full answer tomorrow.

Basically

You  need to load the old airport bgl with ADE, choose P3D v5.

From the menu select Load Stock Data, choose Autógen Buildings. 
Then add exclusion  rectangles over the stock buildings.(yellow structures), for exclusion choose what you want removed.

Also remove taxi signs,  windsocks and towers if duplicated.

Once done, remove the stock data from the menu. 

Save and Compile the modded bgl

Copy or move the new bgl to whatever path you loaded the bgl from.

Rename the original bgl to .off

Test, rinse and repeat until satisfied.

Note: You might see some compile errors with some bgl’s from other vendors. Those need fixing and are usually caused by wrong altitudes, misspelled taxi signs, link errors, runway links or other types.

Sorry if I forgot something. Writing this from memory.

Nice job, looks easy, a couple of questions.

When you load stock data, I dont see Autogen building selection, Do you mean Scenery.

Also do I need to select taxi signs for load stock data?

What is the difference between using a exclusion for removal vs just deleting?

At cytz the main terminal is missing only the jetways remain, How do I get that to show. I imported cytz bgl objects from v4. The terminal shows in  v5 ade but not p3dv5 sim?                                              

@rickgo You are correct, sorry I did it from memory.

In load Stock Data Choose Scenery Objects and if needed Taxi Signs

What is the difference between using a exclusion for removal vs just deleting?

We cannot delete stock data, we can only exclude it.

I'll take a look at CYTZ, need to fire up P4D v4 first.

OK, just loaded CYTZ in p3d V4  and see no jetways. All I see is a generic terminal, a bunch of hangars, a midget control tower and several planes and trucks.
SODE says there are no objects within 6.5 nm. Do You have some addon that adds the jetways.

I would try to add an exclusion rectangle where the Terminal should be located at. See if that works.

Archived