South CA invisible terrain/elevation issues

South California seems to work pretty well in v5. However, there are a lot of annoying small issues with  terrain data. 

One of the most prominent examples being around Las Vegas area, especially around Boulder City. Whole Hoover dam region is unflyable below 300ft agl. You just keep hitting invisible terrain. Also Boulder City airport is totally messed up, sinking and rising into surroundings.

Another examples I found are in Catalina region, you also have a good chance of hitting invisible terrain when flying below 300ft agl, especially around rocky coastlines on the southeast end of island.

All of the above does not occur in v4 ofc.

I used beta ftx central installer for v5. I also have setup v5 according to Orbx manual ,terrain mesh resolution is 5m, but even with lower/higher res issue occurs as described. 

Correct Dawid, it’s the Orbx KAVX scenery.

Kent answered my post and said he also have noticed lower resolution textures here and there.  

I am sure everything will fall into place but, time is needed.  I am impressed with the amount of  time and energy happening with the dedicated developers here working on the fly correcting issues. 

the P3D V5 team has a few issues to work out in V5. 

Hello,

all of these things have either been reported or are already covered in the Orbx announcement

it is too early to be expecting fixes that rely on recompiling numerous products and/or a revised version of P3D v5.

At present, if these things are too irksome, then this is your solution:

All of the above does not occur in v4 ofc.

17 hours ago, Dawid said:

KBVU using SCA in v5:

zB3e8x.png

d0yDCG.png

@FSRobert I'm using default enhanced airports that came with SCA and KAVX textures look same as in V4, I think you are referring to separate Orbx KAVX addon.

Dawid,

Go to my post linked below.  You can download corrected a corrected BVU from my Dropbox.  It's done for v4, but should be fine in v5.  I had to do the fix because I had updated navdata, as v5 now does.  As far as SCA is concerned, it thinks you have 2 different Boulder City's.  A BVU and a 61B.  Fix below:

Archived