elevation problems in parts of NA airport sceneries

Hi,

I am installing al compatible Orbx regions and airports, i have about all of them.

i found out that the NA airports are having a lot of elevation problems, not that the whole airport is floating but parts of the scenery Like grass or boat parking spots.

They sometimes float about 1.000 ft in the air, when i load P3Dv5 with for example 11S Sekui the aircraft comes up on the airport at around 1.000 ft and then starts to fall down. 

I also have it at 05S Vernonia Municipal airport.

My insertion points are like they should.

Are they really compatible? What can i do?

Help is much appreciated.

regards,

Ben

Hi Nick,

11S and KCMW problems solved, that's great.

But unfortunately now i completely miss 05S and surrounding trees and partly 0S9 with surrounding trees.

There ale probably more airports - i have them all - missing (or parts from it) but i checked the mentioned ones.

Regards,

Ben

After the latest simobjects update two airport problems solved.

Now i checked the first 10 sceneries from the Orbx P3Dv5 NA "compatible" list, here are the results:

1WA6: floating (few meters above the ground) trees surround the threshold of RWY09

2W3: completely not there (was there before the last simobjects update but with problems)

61B: Major flatten problems, walls around the airport, floating RWY's and missing simobjects.

I love Orbx and the support but.....i can not understand..... who told you guy's that the mentioned scenery in the compatible list was P3Dv5 compatible??

Regards,

Ben

Hello Ben,

I will take a look at the airports you mention, however, before you go any further

down the path of alleging incompetence, I would suggest that you read the

whole of the Known Issues topic and in particular, this part:

• [REGIONS + SOME AIRPORTS] Because all default airports have been made new and thus buildings, structures, and objects shifted around, it's likely that any third-party add-on that doesn't include an airport-wide object exclusion will now display duplicate or overlapping objects.
    • Airports that have had their ICAOs changed in the v5 database will need to be adjusted by us accordingly (in the Regions, in the Global Pack, as well as stand-alone airports), otherwise there will be two airports displayed in the same locations. There's no official change list from LM so it'll take us a bit to find and fix them all.
    • Not a bug but rather a design choice: LM no longer includes artificial smoothed areas in their terrain mesh files around airport flattens. This was done to allow for the implementation of sloped runways (though there are only a few in the default v5). However, this also means that many default airports (outside our Regions) will now have noticeable edges around their perimeters, similar to the effect when installing third-party terrain mesh files. Within our FTX Regions, our enhanced airports will continue to be properly blended.

Hi Nick,

I have totally no desire to prove any "incompetence" (if any) and i don't think that can be concluded out of my comment.....neither i feel the need bashing Orbx (Why should I, I am happy with the company)

But about the quote; the quote is not very clear at the first look at the "Orbx P3Dv5 compatible list" (at least i didn't see it there)....people might buy their first scenery for P3Dv5 because of that list and find problems. Also; the quote doesn't work as a disclaimer when we look at this; "Within our FTX Regions, our enhanced airports will continue to be properly blended".

Just to defend myself when you mention "going the path of alleging incompetence..." my question was: who (and why) stated that it is all compatible? (no need to answer)

It creates at least some false expectations.

Anyway.... i am o.k. and happy with the new simulator and with Orbx working hard to fix their sceneries for it.....I did not expect to run this v5 as from day one fully and with everything we have in v4.5 standing by to install....we have to build it up in the coming weeks/month's as developers making their products compatible, and i think everybody will accept and understand that.

Thanks for working on it.;)

Regards,

Ben

Hello,

there can be only one answer to this question.

who told you guy's that the mentioned scenery in the compatible list was P3Dv5 compatible??

Orbx staff and developers must have checked them.

The new simulator has only been released for a few days and the problems that are arising that are not specifically mentioned in the Known Issues

topic are being addressed at once, hence the objectflow update that you have seen today.

Despite the fact that Orbx staff do not typically work 24/7, some of them have done so to try their best to ensure that the process went as smoothly as

possible for you and all our customers.

5 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

2W3: completely not there (was there before the last simobjects update but with problems)

2W3

2W3.jpg

It was there Nick, but after the new simobjects update not anymore....the insertion points are like they should be and no other scenery (or software) installed into P3Dv5 except Orbx (and FSUIPC6).

We better find out why it is not there in my V5 in stead of going the path of "alleging i make up some stories".:D

Regards,

Ben

I can tell you that in testing these airports, despite turning down the settings, I am continually running out of VRAM.>:(

This is not only frustrating but it is also greatly extending the time it takes to check things.

I don't see any floating trees around 1WA6.

Hi Nick,

Yes it takes a lot of time checking all the airports even without VRAM problems.

After the simobjects update that was released just now, the problems at 1WA6 and 2W3 are gone :smile:

It turns out that 61B is about the only one airport i did not register, but the major flatten problems in the default airport are still there but not bothering me that much because i don't fly to default airports.

Regards,

Ben

Hello Ben,

61B is one of the airports that has changed its ICAO code, to KBVU.

As mentioned in the Known Issues topic, where this has happened, a revised airport version

will be needed, so that it excludes the default KBVU, leaving only one airport.

You could remove the Orbx 61B files and leave just the default airport.

Thanks Nick.

Just now at 11S Sekui found something else (sorry....)

There are no winter textures, in winter with snowy WX all the default surrounding area and trees turn white, but not the 11S Orbx surrounding and tree files (also not in the bay area)....they stay in summer season.

I don't know how that is for other Orbx airports, but i will stop for today.

regards,

Ben

Hi Nick,

The spring and summer flowers along the runway are still there in winter, the trees are with leaves and no snow tiles on the ground.

In winter and above the scenery we can exactly see where Orbx has set their boundries, within is summer, outside is winter.

Regards,

Ben

I can confirm that now, restarting after a few hours, the winter textures are there and summer flowers are gone during winter time, but as a trade the blue pilons alongside of the RWY and some grass and the boat parking walkways are back floating in the air (now about 30 ft above the RWY - Blue pilons and 200 ft above the water - boat parking walkways).

Also starting up at Sekui the moment the situation was loaded i had a CTD.....i have those crashes more often loading at Orbx airport and i suspect that is because of the way P3Dv5 is loading (and handling the memory).

Regards,

Ben

Hello,

I agree with everything that you write and have seen the same problems.

I will add this topic to the list of things we probably need to fix, although

I would agree that some of them probably need to be brought to the

attention of LM too.

Hi Nick,

I found out that every single time i start Orbx Central it is presenting the Sode Simobject Display Engine update 1.6.8 to me.

When i run the update it goes well and i can see version 1.6.8. is okay.....but after restart of the PC (or close Orbx Central and restart that) the same update is displayed to me again and i can see that version 1.6.3. is still installed.

When i run the 1.6.8. update everything at 11S Sekui is okay (and no CTD at loading a situation at Sekui) but when i close down and re-start Orbx Central and do not run the presented 1.6.8. update (that is presented again right away and start P3Dv5 the blue RWY side poles and grass in floating in the air (also then when i load a flight at Sekui P3Dv5 starts the situation with a CTD.

Regards,

Ben

Hi Nick,

A few day's ago i installed P3Dv5 and Orbx Central to a separate HD from my P3Dv4.5 setup, after i discovered that v4.5 and v5 share the same SODE directory and because of this i get warnings of multiple SODE entry's. I reinstalled Orbx Central on that other HD and also P3Dv5 (without the presence of P3Dv4.5).

In the past day's i have seen only problems with P3Dv5.

Now, i am used to see these problems with every new simulator that comes out, things have to settle down and be made compatible.

I have been busy for day's with P3Dv5 and the discovering that LM re-introduced to us the OOM's (VRAM) was the final countdown for me.

I decided to leave P3Dv5 for what it is and continue V4.5 until MSFS comes out.

Thanks for your help.

regards,

Ben

Archived