P3Dv4.5 Scenery Library After Global Vector Migration

I successfully migrated GLOBAL VECTOR using Orbx Central and out of curiosity I Loaded up P3Dv4.5 just to look at the Scenery Library to see where the VECTOR  entries were placed. Before the Migration I could ENABLE or DISABLE the entry. It is now greyed out and I cannot move it up or down the list. Is this normal for the Migration process? Africa seems out of place as well now. The migration took about 45 minutes and everything seemed OK. As well, FYI,  my Migration file structure looks like this--D:\Orbx Products\p3dv4|Global VECTOR\ containing (Effects,Orbx. Scenery, Texture, and addon,xml file). Should there be another sub-folder called "Library" under Orbx Products. I'm a bit confused.

Regards.

Tom

InkedCORSAIRONE-2020-apr-17-001_LI.thumb.jpg.34208a985e7cf9d262eb203b92c963df.jpg

Hi, just one more Q? I am merrily running through all my Orbx addons and migrating, hopefully flawless. I realize GLOBAL base and OBJECT FLOW Should and Will remain in the P3Dv4.5 Directory. I was just wondering, should OR can I migrate AIRPORT PACK & LIBRARIES as well?

Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom

Please leave the Orbx Libraries in the sim root Orbx folder where Global base is located..

ObjectFlow does not get installed to the simulator folder, it must be in a external library.

The airport pack should be ok to migrate to a library.

OK, I finished the migration and I checked the P3Dv4 directory. The Orbx Folder shows the following sub-folders  and what I plan to do:

Config (global xml files) - will LEAVE as IS

FTX_AU (LIBRARY Files) - will LEAVE as IS

FTX_GLOBAL (Empty) - I thought this would be populated (Orbx Central indicates BASE PACK is located in root C:\Lockheed Martin\ Prepar3Dv4\)

FTX_NA (Empty) - will DELETE FOLDER

FTX_NZ (Empty) - will DELETE FOLDER

FTX_OLC (sub-folders OLC_AA, OLC_EU1, OLC_NA1 ...ALL have Texture & Scenery folders within) - Not sure what to do with these.

FTX_PI (Empty) - will DELETE FOLDER

FTX_VECTOR (Empty) - will DELETE FOLDER

Scripts (several folders w\lclookup .bgl's) - Not sure what to do with these.

SODE_Data (sub-folders simobjects, xml) - Not sure what to do with these.

Troubleshooter - will DELETE FOLDER

User Documents - will DELETE FOLDER

My main concern here is that I am not sure how to tell that FTX_GLOBAL  Base Pack is in fact in the Sim root. Sorry for my confusion.

Regards,

Tom

FTX_GLOBAL (Empty) - I thought this would be populated (Orbx Central indicates BASE PACK is located in root C:\Lockheed Martin\ Prepar3Dv4\)  These are Global  airports that you probably migrated to the library.

FTX_OLC (sub-folders OLC_AA, OLC_EU1, OLC_NA1 ...ALL have Texture & Scenery folders within) This is your Global base Installation.

Scripts (several folders w\lclookup .bgl's) - Leave as is.

SODE_Data (sub-folders simobjects, xml) - Leave as is.

Thanks Doug for your patience, for the millionth time. Pardon my confusion,

1. I have OLC_AA. OLC_EU1 and OLC_NA1 In the root and it also shows up in the migrated library location, Is that a double instance?

2. same for Scripts and SODE data  (Should I leave the duplicated Migrated data as is?)

3. I remember when I ran the configuration tool to disable airports and correct AEC problems it would turn "OFF" a specific airport (ADE_FTX_FTXG*_, FTX_FTXG_* files)  and I would see that in the  FTX_GLOBAL folder. I cannot find the scenery folder that lists all the global airports any where. They are probably somewhere, but I just don't see it.

1. Yes, so I would manually delete from the library and do a verify files of the root install. You can not migrate Global base, you can only install to a library on a new install.

2. Yes, I would leave the "Scripts" as is, but delete the SODE and do a verify files of it in the library. Although I don't understand why there is a duplicate of "Scripts" in the library if the Orbx Libraries are installed in the root folder? Please confirm the Orbx Libraries are installed to the sim root folder.

3. That folder will no longer exist because you would have migrated the separate airports, so they will have their own new folder in the library.

Doug, my apologies, I had previously, manually copied the entire Orbx folder from the root to the migration drive (don;t ask why...lol) and I mistakenly noted the SODE folder in there. So, it is NOT in the library folder after all  and all is well there. The Orbx Libraries are installed in the root...and I now get the gist of why the FTX_GLOBAL folder is now empty in the sim root. 

Thanks for all your insight and help with this.

Archived