Stopping Orbx Scenery Verify

BPCY22

Hi,

I have been trying to run a verify on EU Germany North (I already had it) within Orbx Central and it is getting stuck on scan 41 of 68949.

I have waited hours, then I rebooted the PC several times but this automatically starts every time I start Orbx Central.

1) How can I stop the verify download?

2) Where can I go to get the EU Germany North files direct?

Thanks

Tony

Hi Kwarazi,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean Uninstalling Orbx Central and reinstalling and downloading everything again?

I was hoping not to do that as I have loads of other LC, Regions and Airports and was hoping there was a way of doing this without having to reinstall everything.

Be nice if there was a script to do it.

Thanks

Tony

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for telling me that.

Yes I have EU Germany North but whilst running the Verify of it the Uninstall button is not enable to click.

The state of Orbx Central is just hanging - I cannot click "Migrate to Library" as the Icon changes to a red halt icon. 

The Configure and Verify Files are "greyed out".

I can on the left select other Regions or Airports but the Downloader Icon is still showing a stalled state.

How can I stop it?

Thanks for your help

Tony

Every time I stop Orbx Central and reboot my  PC and restart Orbx Central the download of EU Germany North automatically starts again - which I don't want.

I need to fin out where the setting to download it is.

Thanks

Tony

Hi Doug,

The Settings\downloader Temp is 0 but I clicked clear anyway.

There is no "gen" folder in my backup area  c:\users\Tony\Appdata\Roaming\Orbx\Central\Backup

There is folders for eghi, eng, ftx-global-airport-pack, global-base, global-openlc-Europe, global-openlc-northamerica, global-trees, global-vector, irl, lib-objectflow, nir, orbxlibs, sco,wls   but no "gen".

Just running the settings/help Sync Simulator now.

Thanks

Tony

Hi Doug,

I clicked on the Sync Simulator but it is still trying download the EU Germany update so the "sync Scenery" button is just showing a spinning wheel icon.

The Download Queue is showing EU Germany North "Scanned 49 of 6949 files" but hangs then.

How do I prevent the Eu Germany North from starting up the download when restarting Orbx Central?

If I can do this I can uninstall Germany North and reinstall again.

Thanks

Tony

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your help.

I removed the C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central\Cache folder and rebooted the PC but upon starting Orbx Central the Download Queue started downloading EU Germany North and got stuck again at "Scanned 42 of 68949".

What I would like to do is stop the Download Queue completely from starting and then hopefully I can click uninstall EU Germany North button and then reinstall.

Any idea on how to stop the Download Queue from restarting after PC reboot and Orbx Central startup?

Thanks

Tony

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @BPCY22,

The download queue job cache that Orbx Central will use is found at %temp%/Orbx /job-cache.json. To forcefully clear the download queue upon restart:

• Delete the %temp%/Orbx /job-cache.json file.
  • Completely restart Orbx Central.

Be aware that if you have auto-updates enabled, these will trigger shortly after launching Orbx Central. You may want to disable this in the settings before performing the above.

Archived