Blurries in p3d v4.5 (revised support post)

Hello fellow simmers!

I recently installed p3d after using fsx for a long time. I bought Orbx FTX Australia v1 as well as YMML v3 and YMEN. I am a bit disappointed in p3d right now because I am still experiencing blurry ground textures after trying many different common fixes.

Here are my system specs

• Graphics card: ASUS 1070 08G
  • CPU: Intel i5 8600K not overclocked
  • Motherboard: ASUS Z370P
  • RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 16GB (2x8) 2400MhZ
  • Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 500GB SSD

Here are the fixes I have tried:

• Fresh install of Prepar3D and all addons
  • Deleting Prepar3D.cfg and letting the game regenerate a new cfg file
  • Resetting NVIDIA global video settings, as well as Prepar3D NVIDIA settings
  • Many different 'tweaks' in CFG, such as TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10
  • Limiting FPS in Prepar3D to 30

Here are some images of my texture. I think you could agree, quite awful given I paid for a $50 product https://imgur.com/a/EmKFvyp - cpu sitting at 85-90% on these ones. The last one is also after a 5 minute wait to test whether the ground would un-blur after waiting

I hope the Orbx community can come to my rescue on this one - with a very good machine like I have and some nice textures I just want my sim looking half decent

Any replies appreciated

Thanks,

Pete

Transaction ID: 583b5c46472ef

Hi Pete

I'm not an expert but once I suffered this and I was recommend to lock the FPS to 25 or so

You might like to give it a try

Is your mesh resolution set to 5?

Scenery complexity to max?

Texture resolution to 7?

Cheers

Carlos

Honestly, your blurries are very faint. Not so prominent, do the ground textures in your screenshots really get more crisp if you pause the simulator for some time? It looks to me that you are very close to the point where no blurries are visible anymore, so we should be able to get you there.

First, get rid of whatever tweak you still have in your prepar3d. cfg, especially this TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10, as you GTX 1070 might run into VRAM issues with it. This tweak also has no beneficial effect on getting rid of blurries underneath your plane, it simply increases the radius where the ground textures are loaded in the highest LOD (means: crisp).

Blurries are always a sign of overloading your CPU. Always. As you have only very faint blurries, the overloading is just minimal. As such, I would now try:

- depending on your monitor refresh rate, put the FPS limiter accordingly. I guess you use a 60Hz monitor, then try once 30FPS, VSYNC on but triple buffering off.

- increase the level of detail radius to the max.

This might already do the trick. Would it be possible that you show us also the other two tabs in the Prepar3d settings menue (lighting and weather).

Archived