FTX-Central Version 4.0.6

Beim Laden eines Startflughafens, erhalten die Meldung über das Fehlen von zwei Jahren, die auch nicht im Orbx-Bibliotheksverzeichnis vorhanden sind. Der Download der NCL-Szenenrie zeigt keine Probleme auf, auch ein nachträgliches "Kontakte der Dateine" führt nicht zum Erfolg. (siehe Bilder)

War kann ich tun? Bei der ersten installierten SD-Version war dieser Fehler nicht vorhanden. Die SD-Version wurde auch von Orbx-Central vollständig behandelt.

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe

Glücklicher Flug

Bertsche

orbx15.JPG

orbx16.JPG

orbx17.JPG

ncl.JPG

orbx11.JPG

orbx12.JPG

orbx13.JPG

orbx14.JPG

Hello Jon, I could but your expertise is in this one.

This is what he has written, not very well translated by Goolge.

When loading a take-off airport, you receive a message about the absence of two years, which are also not available in the Orbx library directory. The download of the NCL scene series shows no problems, even a subsequent "contact of the files" does not lead to success. (see pictures)

What can i do? This error was not present in the first installed SD version. Orbx-Central also fully handled the SD version.

Many thanks for your help

Happy flight

Bertsche

It is the perennial failure of the HD installation.

Bertsche: You can read the guide that Jon made below. Google Translate will help you out if you need it.

Sie können die Anleitung lesen, die Jon unten gemacht hat. Google Translate hilft Ihnen bei Bedarf weiter.

Hey Jon, hey Nick

thank you for your reponse.

Please excuse the contact to the english support of Orbx.
But this page opens when you press the button in ftx-central.
My problem has nothing to do with little hard disk space, there is still plenty for this NCL installation, rest of space 386 gb.
Also for backup and temp. All checkmarks as described by Clarke are set. I did an installation again, the same error message was shown when starting from san jose airport at san francisco and the program was canceled.
Will pass the problem on to German support.
Let's see if and how you can help me here.
Happy flight
Bertsche

18 hours ago, Bertsche07 said:

Hey Jon, hey Nick

thank you for your reponse.

Please excuse the contact to the english support of Orbx.
But this page opens when you press the button in ftx-central.
My problem has nothing to do with little hard disk space, there is still plenty for this NCL installation, rest of space 386 gb.
Also for backup and temp. All checkmarks as described by Clarke are set. I did an installation again, the same error message was shown when starting from san jose airport at san francisco and the program was canceled.
Will pass the problem on to German support.
Let's see if and how you can help me here.
Happy flight
Bertsche

Looking at the pics you provided it shows that he missing 17.dds file in the error message is actually there and not missing.

Your pic of the ter file doesn't show the missing file so I attach it for you to drop into the terrain folder. It may work. if it doesn't I need to know the free space of the disk that you are downloading to. You mention that you have 386Gb free space but is that on the disk you want to install onto, or do you only have one disk, C drive which is the disk you download to and where your XP is installed, and/or where a library you created is installed ?

c550x5100x17SM.ter

Hey jon
Unfortunately, inserting the * .ter file did not lead to success. Then I completely deleted on drive H with FTX-Central NC-HD.
On the drive E, X-Plane 11 is also installed. Attempted to install with FTX-Central NC-HD. There was over 400 GB of free space. The installation routine got stuck for about 36 hours. I was annoyed about this and then manually deleted the NCL folder without FTX-Central. Now there is 392 GB free space.
I wanted to try again with FTX-Central and reinstall NCL SD on drive E. This cannot be done because NCL-HD is still in the download queue (see picture). The downloader continues to run even when the computer is restarted.
I know that I made a mistake with manual deletion. Is there still a solution to my problem? So far, all of my product downloads have worked perfectly with FTX-Central. By the way: The German support has not reacted to my first request so far!

nlc01.JPG

First Please attach a pic of Orbx Central/settings/downloader for me to look at.

Then you can go to Orbx Central/settings/downloader and Clear Temp folder. Also untick the option to save a backup. Remove/delete any back up that there may be. The location of your backup folder is also shown in the pic.  These tasks are in my attached picture.

Open your folder where you tried to install NorCal HD and make sure there are no bits of it left.

Hey jon
Thank you for your help.
Backup, Temp and no more NCL folders in xp11.
I'm totally confused now that FTX-Central shows ORBX22. The download started without my activity, but there is no NCL folder under drive E.
Everything very confusing.
Could I delete or reinstall the Orbx-Central program without losing my purchased products or having to download them again? After my assignment, would Orbx-Central list my two libraries in drives E and H with their contents again?
Many thanks for your help
Bertsche

ORBX22.JPG

orbx20.JPG

ORBX21.JPG

This is weird!

@Nick Cooper Please read what I write below and add any significant comments/guide to achieve the intent to remove ALL references to attempts to download TE NorCal either HD or SD, and offer any further advice on rectifying this problem. Thanks.

Your listing of items on your E drive looks odd. You seem to have folders that belong in XP as standalone folders like Airports, TE Florida etc

You don't appear to be following a conventional method of filing. I am attaching a pic of my K drive which has 2 versions of XP on it., and a library I created in Orbx Central for some addons and it is called Orbx. It looks nothing like your pic of your E drive INTENSO (E:)

Are you on Windows or Mac?

If Windows then go into Control Panel/Programs & Features and uninstall Orbx Central. Reboot PC.

Download Orbx central from Orbx direct where it says "Get Central"

Open Orbx Central and log in.

If you have more than one installation of XPlane, make sure you choose the version you want to install an addon into.

I then suggest you choose the SD version and install it into XPlane direct since it is on the same drive as your other True Earth addons.

Capture.thumb.JPG.ad47674d8a7c4d8120b1af34b8267d21.JPG

Hey jon
it is becoming more and more misterious!

Windows 10 is installed on my PC with the latest update

An X-Plane 11 version 11.41r is only installed on drive E,
Drives E: no arrears of NCL, backup and temp empty, airports, plugins etc. are stored as backups in XPSicher
Drives H: only Orbx library no NCL folder available here, GB and airports
1. Orbx-Central deleted, registry cleaned afterwards, PC shutdown, restarted after 1 hour.
2. Orbx-Central reinstalled via Orbx homepage
3. Installation of NCL SD not possible via Orbx homepage Button does not respond, link i cannot see it
4. ORBX30.thumb.JPG.dd86232ac31aa2741a2073dc831dd87e.JPGStarting Orbx-Central on PC is shown again without my activity download, always with the same number
Where does this information get after a deletion and a new download from Orbx-Central? Is there an info file somewhere on my PC, or under my account on the Orbx homepage?
Very strange.
Thank you so much for your effort !!!

ORBX32.JPG

ORBX31.JPG

Hey jon
currently I can not download anything from my Orbx account. I am still getting the same download that is no longer able to continue. The account is blocked!
Do you belong directly to the Orbx team or could someone help me from there? I just don't know how I can access it again. I would like to continue to buy products from the supplier.
You asked Nick a question, is he currently unavailable?
Thanks again for your help.

At Time no happy flight

1 hour ago, Bertsche07 said:

Hey jon
currently I can not download anything from my Orbx account. I am still getting the same download that is no longer able to continue. The account is blocked!
Do you belong directly to the Orbx team or could someone help me from there? I just don't know how I can access it again. I would like to continue to buy products from the supplier.
You asked Nick a question, is he currently unavailable?
Thanks again for your help.

At Time no happy flight

@Nick Cooper Hi Nick, can you investigate please. Thanks

Hello Bertsche07,

please  take a look at this topic and add the prerequisites as necessary.

and then try again.

If it still does not work, please attach a copy of the central.log file to your next post.

You can open it on the Settings\Help page and save a copy.

Hello Nick,
Thank you for your response.
The software you named is available, see picture.
Central.log is attached.
Would it also be possible to delete my Orbx account and create a new one with a different email address without losing the scenes I have already acquired?
Under no circumstances may it be that I can no longer access the scenes I have purchased. I would like to buy and download further sceneries from Orbx in the future.
I hope you can help me. I just can't explain how and why this problem came about.

Happy flight

Bertschecentral.log

orbx40.JPG

8 hours ago, Bertsche07 said:

Drive C: 39,8 GB

Drive E: 401 GB

Your Temp folder is on the E drive and also your XPlane installation correct?

I am not sure but the addon requires 300GB of free space prior to installation, and then it needs to install as well. I need maybe @Nick Cooper to advise if the 401GB free space is enough to perform the download and the install. I know that some space is given back when the install is finished but need clarification please.

Thank you Jon
correct, the Temp folder and the x-Plane 11 installation are on drive E.
It is clear to me that I can empty the temp and backup folder again after the installation to save space
There is still 330 GB free on my H drive. So I could also put the temp folder on the H drive.
But at the moment, as already mentioned, I cannot do a download via Orbx-Central. This can also be seen in the central.log file.

orbx5.JPG

To Nick Cooper

Hey Nick
As Jon Clarke said, I should be dealing with an Orbx problem. As I have already shown, I can no longer access my Orbx account.
Could my current account be deleted and a new one created under a different email address? The question remains how I could get back to my already acquired sceneries.
How can Orbx help me?
I hope for an answer from you, because I don't know how it could go on with the Orbx account. And I don't want to do without Northern California either.
Thanks a lot.
Bertsche

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Bertsche07,

What issues are you encountering when logging in with your account?

With regards to the installation issue, your central.log file reveals a stuck job.  Performing the following steps should clear the stuck job and provide a more detailed log file:

1. Completely close Orbx Central. Ensure it's not running in the system tray,
  2. Delete the %temp%/Orbx/job-cache.json file
  3. Perform a install or verify files of TrueEarth US Nothern California HD.
  4. If the process fails to finish successfully, reattach your central.log file here.

Hey Josh
after the last chat to Nick, I had no problem with the Central start.
After that I wanted to download NCL in HD again. After about 24 hours the installation ended with the error message about more as 10,000 missing files.
Then I simply didn't feel like doing NCL-HD anymore and deleted the downloaded files. Installation of the SD version started and after 3 X verify files !!!!! is the download successful! ended.
I can't understand why NCL-HD just doesn't want to be on my PC. If the problem had occurred to such an extent with one of the other sceneries (total GB, including airports, Washington, Florida and Oregon) that I acquired from Orbx, they would not be in my system in this number!
Nevertheless, many thanks to Jon, Nick and them for their help, although unfortunately I cannot use the NCL-HD version.

Happy flight

Bertsche

PS: where would the * .json be found?

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Bertsche07

The latest version of Orbx Central currently in fastlane has additonal diagnostic logging and downloader specific options to help users who are having issues installing.

The json file would be found inside your %temp%/Orbx folder. If you type %temp%/Orbx address bar of File Explorer and press enter in will open the folder in which you will find the job-cache.json file.

image.png

Hallo Josh,
meine Orbx-Central-Version: v4.1.7
Es gibt kein% temp% \ Orbx und die Datei job-cache.json im Programmordner.
Ich habe Südkalifornien gesehen und ohne Probleme verbessert.
Ich habe jetzt zwei X-Plane 11-Installationen auf den Laufwerken D und E.
Wo kann ich gehört haben, dass die XP-Installation E in Orbx-Central werden soll, oder müssen Sie die Einstellungen auf manuelle Überlagerung fühlen, wenn Sie zwei XP - Installationen haben?
Warum ist die SCL-Region wie alle anderen rot und nicht lila umrandet, gehört Florida und Großbritannien?
Danke für deine Hilfe.

Glücklicher Flug

SCL03.JPG

SCL01.JPG

SCL02.JPG

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Bertsche07

The job-cache.json folder won't be in the Orbx Central installation directory. On your PC it's likely to be located at c:\Benutzer\Norbert\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx. For me, it's located here:

image.png

If you have to X-Plane installations if there both detected by Orbx Central, you should be able to switch between them using the sim selector dropdown. Clicking the Sync simulator button under Setting -> Help will ensure any products installed into your libraries are set up for the selected simulator.

The product being outlined in red on the map indicates that it is currently discounted. If you click on the filter button on the top right of the map it'll display a legend.

Archived