Orbx is too big

Urmel81

Hi guys,

after many really nice years with Orbx it is becoming really difficult for me (and I'm sure for others too) to get support from you guys. You have so many airports and other great products where we users need sometimes support. Normally I go to the forum for that product and check if there is any solution. But this isn't really possible with Orbx. When I need support for an airport I need an really long time (search engine, clicking through the sides, ...) to find anything. Mostly an new topic needs to be created because the search was not successful. For all of your (maybe 150 - 200 airports) we have at the moment only one topic (at the moment Prepar3d v4 topic) to find something. For us useres it will be much better to have splittet topics (maybe not for every airport one, but maybe vor continents, Airport sice - GA - Regional - Hub, ....or something else). This will make it for me (and for others) much more easy to find posts for our problems (mostly they have been asked before). The some thing for your other Products, the different openLC, FTX, ...

You should consider splitting your forum. It's much more easy for us useres. And you will have less work to, because we can find our solutions by reading and we don't need to ask always.

Example:

For my last question I never get really support: I had ticked FSX-Groundpoly for YBBN (Runways, Apron and Taxiways), but got only one for the Runways and the Apron. The taxiways still appear as an phototexture. Nobody could answer my question if this is normal or not. Normaly I look to the already created topics and find it out myself hopefully ... when not, I can ask.

Thanks

Urmel

I agree. Would really help if the forum gets spilt up a bit more. Like first spit between continents and then per airport. Bit like FlyTampa has done it.

Looking in the Orbx forum for a solution for issues is a real pain in the *

Hello,

thank you for the suggestions.

Urmel's topic that apparently prompted this question asks a question that

has been asked many times before and yet there are, so far five replies that both

help and answer the question.

Four of those replies were posted within 25 minutes.

The topic concerns YBBN and a search for that produces

many results, as it is an older product and if the results are arranged by date, there are

two answered topics on the exact subject on the first page.

A comparison with the Fly Tampa forum reveals that there are 27 products,

each with its own sub-forum.

This does not seem to be a practical solution for a catalogue as large as that of Orbx.

Sorry Nick,

I'm completely wrong. Your Forum is perfect. I am a cheeky customer who dared to make a suggestion because it is not easy for customers to find a solution quickly.

Yes, a little bit sarcasm is included, sorry for that. Sometimes Company's should listen a litte bit more to customers if some things could be improved that customers can help more easy themselfes.

Regards

Have fun

The other guy mentioned Flytampa:

Flytampa:

27 Products - 28 Topics

Orbx:

around 150 - 200 Airports:

1 Topic

I don't think that the Orbx way is in this case the correct way - there should be better solutions for an forum.

Regards

Have fun

Archived