Question about switching between HD and SD True Earth Washington

cbcfdx

Not sure if this is more of an Orbx Central question, but I'll post it here. 

I started out with the HD version of TE Washington.  To speed up load times and tell if there was much difference in VR I decided to try the SD version.  I'm using a library for Orbx central on a separate drive.   I copied the three A, B, and C folders from the library and pasted them to a different location.  Then I uninstalled the HD version in Orbx Central and installed the SD version.  I was hoping that this would make it easy to revert back to HD if I so choose without having to re-download.

Well, now I'd like to go back to the HD version, so I've begun the same process.  I copied the SD folders and moved them to another location.  Then I did the uninstall in Central.  Next I moved the original HD folders back to their proper location in my Orbx library.     I was hoping that Orbx Central would simply verify files and not try to do another complete download (I have a pretty slow internet connection).  That's not the case.  It's started the whole download again.

Is there a way around this?  The files are already there.  I can simply symlink the folders and manually manipulate the scenery.ini file.  I've already tried this a couple of times and the sim recognizes  both the HD and SD versions without issue.  I would just like to be able to have the active version showing in Orbx Central so I can do updates, verify files, etc.   Is there a faster way to switch them in Central without having to go through the whole download process again?

4 minutes ago, cbcfdx said:

I understand that Jon.  I'm not trying to simultaneously have both in Central.  I just want to be able to switch without having to re-download, since I already have the files.

I understand what you are wanting and agree it would be easier than a fresh download each time you may want to switch. However, I since the "only one version installed at a time" option is the only one available, via Orbx Central, then any other method would be down to the customer.

Ok.  Thanks for the help Jon.   I was reading through the Central manual regarding libraries (specifically migrating libraries).   I wonder if I deleted my current library in Central (but not the actual folders and files), then renamed it and switched out the SD folders for the HD folders... then created a new library in Central...   perhaps during the scan of the new library for installed products it would then recognize the HD version??     This probably belongs more in the Orbx Central support forum now that I further into it.   But thanks again for your help.

Archived