BUG REPORT - TE Washinton TE Oregon colour mismatch

That is something that unfortunately is a result of different imagery being used. There will always be a join mark as there is with Ortho4XP imagery. The TE series addons are made individually and often have to use different imagery which may involve the imagery of one addon's photography taken at a slightly different time of year than the other which may, and in this case has, show a slightly different tone to the imagery colours.

I was aware of this as I have previously used Ortho4xp but could use a Photoshop program to correct these mis matches. Also I have the 3 UK TE regions and so far have not noticed any mismatches of this amount which is one of the reasons I purchased these 2 NA regions. The main one is saving time so I could just fly without spending time setting up scenery. Will I encounter similar issues with Oregon and Northern California? Is it better with the HD versions?

5 minutes ago, clorgaa said:

I was aware of this as I have previously used Ortho4xp but could use a Photoshop program to correct these mis matches. Also I have the 3 UK TE regions and so far have not noticed any mismatches of this amount which is one of the reasons I purchased these 2 NA regions. The main one is saving time so I could just fly without spending time setting up scenery. Will I encounter similar issues with Oregon and Northern California? Is it better with the HD versions?

I am not aware that there is any difference in the imagery between the HD and SD versions except for the resolution.

My colleague @Tony Wroblewski is the development leader for the XP TE addons and maybe he could comment regarding making the boundaries between TE scenery less noticeable.

Originally it was blended better as we used imagery that matched better for the original Oregon, however after many users complained our chosen imagery was blurry and not as sharp as Washington we rolled back to an earlier year and implemented this in the update

However, the side effect is that because of the substantial differences, some areas couldn't be back blended in to Washington as well (Blending has to be done to both regions) without significantly delaying the Oregon update, so it was held off for now. 

Thanks for the reply. How does Northern Cal - Oregon border appear at the moment? Is it just the Oregon orthos that may need processing? I must point out that if you fly over the Columbia river state line the mismatch is hardly noticeable (well I didn't see it and I have been flying around this area for a while).

Archived