Insertion Point layering question

RobC

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10 Pro

Simulator:  P3Dv4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

I have a quick question about the library layering.

I got some new scenery lately and installed and re layered them with the insertion point option.

4 of them remand at the top, EU Wales, EU Scotland, EU Germany North and Germany South, as per a previous support thread that said no Orbx scenery's should be at the top, I ran "verify files" on all of them and re-ran the insertion point option. 

EU Germany North and South then layered properly, BUT, EU Scotland and Wales are still at the top of the list. (please see screenshot)

Question, is this normal and I shouldn't worry? OR is there a problem with these 2 scenery and layering properly? 

My sim seems to be running ok, and I guess everything is looking ok so far. No errors and such.

so I'm just checking to see if this is ok?

thanks

Orbx.thumb.jpg.66ea98991dc656b9ca914d99a51a7cff.jpg

Hi Rob

All the items in your image are installed outside the simulator via .xml method so it does not matter where they appear in the scenery library order. The insertion point tool is only relevant for scenery installed to the root sim folder that appear in the scenery.cfg.

9 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

The insertion point tool is only relevant for scenery installed to the root sim folder that appear in the scenery.cfg.

Hello,

just to clarify this:

The "Legacy" box must not be ticked. 

The Insertion Point tool does indeed see all added scenery, whether installed inside or outside the simulator.

It orders it in exactly the same way as it did before except for the few entries seen in the screen shot.

These are not scenery areas but individual parts of scenery areas and for those, it does not matter where they are.

If the"Legacy" box is ticked, Orbx Central can no longer see any externally installed scenery and orders only

what it can see. For this reason, this tick box, as it clearly states, is due for removal.

Ah I see, thanks Nick, that does clarify it a bit more. I do have that box ticked, I will try it "unticked" and see what happens.

That is probably it.  I'm not even sure why I turned this on, probably to see what would happen...that sounds like me. 

Archived