African Safari

gregmorin

I would like to suggest an experience area similar to the Papua AYPA and TAP sceneries by Ken and Tim. Base it out of HKJK  Nairobi as the major airport. HTSN in the Serengeti Park as a jumping off point for Safaris through the Serengeti featuring the flora and animals of the area. Just an idea.

Greg  

17 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

I would like to suggest an experience area similar to the Papua AYPA and TAP sceneries by Ken and Tim. Base it out of HKJK  Nairobi as the major airport. HTSN in the Serengeti Park as a jumping off point for Safaris through the Serengeti featuring the flora and animals of the area. Just an idea.

Greg  

Wonderful idea. Greg. Reminds me of the baby elephant (?) mission in the older Microsoft flight sim. That was a challenge.

Great idea, a lot of us would love that, but I would highly suggest Nairobi Wilson airport as the jumping-off point, which is (or was..?) busy with Caravan, Twin Otter, and Dash 7 & 8 traffic, among many others.  But a good-quality HKJK would be really nice too.

A long time ago I suggested a humanitarian-themed Papua-style scenery based out of Goma, DRC.  The scenery is spectacular with many challenging mountain and jungle strips, similar to Papua in some ways but with a completely different flavor.  1990's Lokichogio in Kenya would be cool too, but anything along the lines of Tim's and Ken's Papua scenery would be awesome.

Archived