Orbx Central is not installing

Melanie

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

No Log file as I can't get far enough to create one, as per the attached image that is as far as the installer gets. I have tried it with and without administrator privileges.

I have cleaned the registry (Avast) so it is not a registry issue. However, both the current version and an older version are still showing in the add or remove programs list therefore I think that may be the problem (the folders in C:\users... do not exist where the uninstall .exe) would normally be located.

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  X-Plane 11

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Orbx Central is not installing

I am at a loss, any ideas as I would really like to install the scenery I have just bought.

Thanks,

Melanie.

Stuck.png

After checking through the system and finding no other errors I decided to think laterally, I was unable to remove the older version from the program list so I extracted the Uninstall Orbx Central.exe from the Orbx Central installer and ran it. It cleared the older version from the programs list, Avast then found a dodgy registry entry.

I have now successfully installed Orbx Central and the new scenery :)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having this same issue.

All prerequisite software is installed. 

The setup for Orbx Central downloads, but then stops at around 20% install.

I've tried running as an administrator, disabling firewalls and antivirus software, restarting PC to no avail.

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  X-Plane 11.41

Screenshot:  See attached

Issue:  Orbx Central is not installing

Orbx install.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hey there,

I am having similar issues to the above.  When attempting to download Central, it gets stuck halfway through.  I then attempted to download the appropriate version of C++ getting the error that previous versions are running.  So, I cannot uninstall any previous versions of C++, but have no idea what is means to extract the uninstaller!  Any help?