some questions regarding openLC Africa

Hello,

just bought this wonderful piece and did some short visits. There I found some items: in the south of GMAD Agadir the landclasses are looking like a carpet. Maybe it has to be in that way; a confirmation would be appreciate. The second: near FACT, in direction to the Ocean there are large Buildings (Hotels?) strange across the street and other houses. Is this confirmable too?

Kai

FACT.jpg

GMAD.jpg

South of GMAD (my home base) just checked and you are right...

Huge area where copy/paste had to fill up to a total unrealistic area in that region..

It looks more European than Europe itself this way, as the standard colour there is brownish semi desert.

Pity.

This area is about 60 km long (north to south) and some 20 km wide area with ever repeating textures..

Once you see it, it becomes annoying and distracting...

Orbx user guide stating:  "Adding openLC Africa greatly reduces repeated textures"

Hopefully Orbx can take a look at this area and rework, reality definitely does not confirm what they are writing...

This is how the area looks in GE, very much like a carpet. I'll let the developer know and see if that it can be made less obvious within the limitations of the landcalss system.

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 10.37.28.jpg

The buildings in the harbour at Cape Town is an issue with the default sim, nothing to do with openLC Africa.

I was in Cape Town last year.  Within the expectations of a continent sized scenery, the buildings in Cape Town look about right, with a relatively small area of tallish buildings in a small area around the port as seen in your screenshot.  

16 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

This is how the area looks in GE, very much like a carpet. I'll let the developer know and see if that it can be made less obvious within the limitations of the landcalss system.

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 10.37.28.jpg

Ed,

When contacting the developer, please mention there is even a much bigger area in the triangle Casablanca-Marrakech-Essaouira with repeating textures...

From 15k feet see there endless lines next to eachother of ever repeating textures...

It really looks horrible...

Hopefully they can do something about it..

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 12:44 PM, John Dow said:

I was in Cape Town last year.  Within the expectations of a continent sized scenery, the buildings in Cape Town look about right, with a relatively small area of tallish buildings in a small area around the port as seen in your screenshot.  

Two houses are in the water and one house stands on the road. This is what I mean.

Archived