FTX Configurator problem

chumley

Hello

I have just spent the best part of an afternoon loading FSX and all my FTX sceneries - airports & the ORBX SP3 DVD, Update SP3.001. During this time I had a pop-up after loading the DVD suggesting the FTX Configurator could not locate the scenery.cfg.

When I had finished I ran the FTX Central and received a message once again that the scenery.cfg could not be located. I have checked the FSX folder and everything is loaded in the ORBX folder but when I run FSX the scenery library does not contain any entries for ORBX products nor does the scenery.cfg have any entries in it.

I have loaded FSX exclusively on a drive and the installer recgnised the location when installing.

Not sure where to go from here but I suspect I may well undo everything and try one more time. If it doesn't work - anyone want to buy some products cheap?

Regards

Andy b

Hello Andy,

hmmm, that's a new one. The active scenery.cfg file sits outside the main FSX directory, usually in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX. Can you check whether your scenery.cfg file is in that location and also make sure that it isn't write protected?

Cheers, Holger

Archived