X05 & Hidden Lake TE FL

JoseCFII

The mismatch is a difference in the alignment between actual, as in the Orbx photoreal, and default placement of runways by Laminar Gateway.

There is nothing for Orbx to fix as all the airports are Laminar default Gateway airports. The correction work is on Laminar. The misalignment has been reported a while back for all the TE USA series to Laminar, who have said they will rectify the issue at some stage. I imagine it will be quite a while yet as Laminar are busy concentrating on 11.50 public Beta.

Some alignment correction have been done for TE FL and are included in the additional file labelled as Florida airports. Not all are covered as this was never intended to be in the scope as it is a Laminar responsibility.

3 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

The mismatch is a difference in the alignment between actual, as in the Orbx photoreal, and default placement of runways by Laminar Gateway.

There is nothing for Orbx to fix as all the airports are Laminar default Gateway airports. The correction work is on Laminar. The misalignment has been reported a while back for all the TE USA series to Laminar, who have said they will rectify the issue at some stage. I imagine it will be quite a while yet as Laminar are busy concentrating on 11.50 public Beta.

Some alignment correction have been done for TE FL and are included in the additional file labelled as Florida airports. Not all are covered as this was never intended to be in the scope as it is a Laminar responsibility.

Thanks Jon. I appreciate your input. I feel that an excellent add-on like this one can't be complete without at least checking all the airports and updating as necessary. If you say that it's not Orbx responsibility, I certainly understand.

I have a question. Why are there cars missing from the highways? After the neglected airports, performance in certain cities, these are my only challenges.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

Thanks Jon. I appreciate your input. I feel that an excellent add-on like this one can't be complete without at least checking all the airports and updating as necessary. If you say that it's not Orbx responsibility, I certainly understand.

I have a question. Why are there cars missing from the highways? After the neglected airports, performance in certain cities, these are my only challenges.

Thanks!

Can you be more specific regarding where you are not seeing cars on the highways.

?Cars are controlled by the World objects settings not anything Orbx does. If the layering in the scenery packs is correct then cars should appear as normal. One of the things about XP cars is that they take a while to materialise and don't necessarily appear everywhere. i get plenty of road traffic both on major hiighways and other roads.

Pics of traffic around Tallahassee

Capture.thumb.JPG.51f5ea4ae106fb2ce3fa5c8c80099d4c.JPG

1.thumb.JPG.3d17f1e8fd91a7d282f46587d0900e5a.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.cdd36cdc3de37952695ed5e5269f7ea2.JPG

Got it! I do see cars on the roads but not as many as in the default XP11 sceneries.

Now that I know that getting more cars on the road has nothing to do with Orbx I'll find a way to add volume to the roads. There's a plugin & a utility to change settings at an advanced level.

I managed to find Pilot's Country & Hidden Lake as a freeware download and that solved the issue. There are other airports with trees on them. Now that I know that add-on airports actually work right on top of TE FL, then all I do is look for freeware or make my own.

Best regards.

Jose

• Nick Cooper changed the title to X05 & Hidden Lake TE FL

Archived