Uninstalling FTX Global Base Pack

Forshaw

Hi;

How do I restore the default scenery after uninstalling the Base Pack? I uninstalled the Base Pack and the Libraries utilizing the Orbx Central "tool"  I am now trying to determine how to restore the default.

The uninstall ran so quickly I am not sure what actually got uninstalled :).

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Forshaw.

Hello,

uninstalling the "Base Pack" does not remove any files because if it did,

your simulator would stop working.

If you wish to restore the default files, you should reinstall the P3D scenery

module, or if it is FSX, run Repair.

I would think that neither is necessary and I wonder

1. which simulator this is

2. why you wish to follow this course of action

Hi;

Thanks for your response.

1) I am running FSX.

2) My FPS are really horrible (10>5 FPS and very very jerky) departing and approach my add-on airports and surrounding scenery. My add-on airport  all have surrounding city photo scenery. I have already lowered my scenery settings below the suggested settings.

I wanted to revert back to my default scenery test again to really see what's going on.

When i installed the product it stated a backup location so I assumed that there was a restore feature from the back up file. 

I would hate to run a repair.

Thanks.

Forshaw.

Hello,

unfortunately, the ability to restore from the backup was removed from FTX Central long ago.

The chance of a simple texture replacement being the cause of the problems that you are having is virtually 

zero and I would advise you to look elsewhere.

A good starting point might be to disable all your addon scenery and see if that solves the problem.

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

unfortunately, the ability to restore from the backup was removed from FTX Central long ago.

The chance of a simple texture replacement being the cause of the problems that you are having is virtually 

zero and I would advise you to look elsewhere.

A good starting point might be to disable all your addon scenery and see if that solves the problem.

They removed the Back up...oh no:o.

So here is what i found.

1) if I go to a default airport, the FPS is good, just a tad higher than the default, so no concern there.

2) With the airport add-on and surrounding scenery my system is on the edge and  with Orbx and the suggested scenery settings it puts it over the edge. It is manageable if I turn down the settings  especially Autogen Density which is below Normal for it to work. So basically I have to run my settings below Orbx suggested settings.

3) I normally run Active Sky16 for FSX, REX Texture Direct with Soft Clouds, only PMDG or iFLY Aircraft and Pro ATCX for my ATC add-on all at once. All of that  together I have to be very careful of what I add and the settings I use.

Of course if I use a small add-on (with no surrounding scenery) and none of the major add-ons i have (which is huge on resources) my impact would be negligible. I will also have more lee way to adjust up my settings or see no impact, as most people have stated. I always ask people what else are they running when they say that their FPS is 30+ with FSX:lol:

So basically I have to keep my settings a tad lower than I had to maintain some level of smoothness. So just wanted to share my analysis with you.

Thanks again.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.

8 hours ago, W2DR said:

Actually, I think many of us saw a small increase in FPS after installing the Global BASE Pack. As Nick says, that isn't where your problem lies.

Yeah, see my response to Nick.

Thanks.

Forshaw.

Archived