BUG REPORT - meshing problem

You are about to post into the X Plane 11 BUG REPORT forum. This forum is for reporting BUGS in a working Orbx X Plane 11 product.

A BUG is defined as a product that is working as it should but there is a problem with the working product.

Please review your request before posting into this forum.

A request for support with a product that does not work should be placed into the X Plane 11 Support forum.

Is there a way to fix the meshing problem in the photo below (the blue line running along the ground)? this is with the Orbx Innsbruck scenery pack and I believe this line is where the Orbx scenery ends and the default xplane scenery starts. I tried putting all the Orbx files first at the very top in the scenery pack.ini file and also under "global airports" but no luck on fixing this. any input would be greatly appreciated. order #5e5c30220f4b2

thanks

orbx mesh.PNG

@zaza Please advise me where this line appears as i want to see if I can replicate the problem. Give me a direction to fly to. I have ortho4xp installed for Europe so i won't see the exact same "default" scenery as you show, but I may see a line. Lines are evident in some other True Earth sceneries where the TE scenery meets the default scenery and there is little that can be done about it due to the Tile system used by XPlane.

Also attach your scenery_packs.ini and I will check it out for you.

@Tony Wroblewski Any comment to add Tony in general regarding where TE addons meet default scenery?

6 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Any comment to add Tony in general regarding where TE addons meet default scenery?

Yes, this is not something we can really control or fix. The gap is due to the different mesh sources between the Innsbruck region miniregion and default, so they don't snap together (The same happens with our TE products). Many people use different meshes, e.g. HD Mesh, UHD mesh Ortho4XP or some payware products, so it's difficult to get one that will suit all cases. Sadly, it's a case of "ignore it", although compatibility wise, using Ortho4XP on neighbouring tiles will give bests results.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to BUG REPORT - meshing problem
6 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Yes, this is not something we can really control or fix. The gap is due to the different mesh sources between the Innsbruck region miniregion and default, so they don't snap together (The same happens with our TE products). Many people use different meshes, e.g. HD Mesh, UHD mesh Ortho4XP or some payware products, so it's difficult to get one that will suit all cases. Sadly, it's a case of "ignore it", although compatibility wise, using Ortho4XP on neighbouring tiles will give bests results.

Thanks Tony.

ok, thanks for the info. I am attaching my .ini file so you can see where the LOWI/innsbrook data scenery is. Your installer "Orbx central" put these files at the very top of this file, however I moved them to the current position under "global airports" to see if it would help the problem any, it doesn't. This blue line/image happens at both ends of the Innsbruck scenery  when you are traveling either east or west though the valley to the point where the Orbx scenery ends and the default xplane picks up. I figured is was probably something that was not an easy fix, however I will try using the ortho for xp tiles and try and overlay those tiles right next to your Innsbruck scenery and see if that helps. It certainly is not a deal breaker I just wanted to see if there was anything I could do to fix it. Thanks again for the help and great job on the Innsbruck scenery!!

ini.PNG

7 hours ago, zaza said:

ok, thanks for the info. I am attaching my .ini file so you can see where the LOWI/innsbrook data scenery is. Your installer "Orbx central" put these files at the very top of this file, however I moved them to the current position under "global airports" to see if it would help the problem any, it doesn't. This blue line/image happens at both ends of the Innsbruck scenery  when you are traveling either east or west though the valley to the point where the Orbx scenery ends and the default xplane picks up. I figured is was probably something that was not an easy fix, however I will try using the ortho for xp tiles and try and overlay those tiles right next to your Innsbruck scenery and see if that helps. It certainly is not a deal breaker I just wanted to see if there was anything I could do to fix it. Thanks again for the help and great job on the Innsbruck scenery!!

ini.PNG

Put the 2 LOWI_A files above Global Airports as theses 2 files are actually the airports of Innsbruck and Hat Tux heliport. If you leave them where you have put them they will be overwritten by Global Airports and you will probably get the default airport showing up and not the detailed Orbx ones.

You can leave the 3 other ones where they are.

Archived