Global Base Pack scenery not loading correctly (Transaction ID 5e5a37e2c30f3)

hp_21

Hi, 

It seems like the Orbx add-ons are not working correctly on FSX:SE for me. I have tried reinstalling the Orbx Libraries and Base Pack, without any luck.  I basically see no noticeable change or transformation with the scenery.

Screenshots attached along with scenery.cfg. Please let me know if you need more info, or any steps that I have to follow to troubleshoot this.

Thanks

-Harsh

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

scenery.cfg

Hi, welcome to the forums

Your screenshots indicate that Global Base is definitely installed and working, but to get rid of the black squares you will need to see the below topic.

The scenery.cfg you have attached is the default replacement and will not show any Orbx products. The correct scenery.cfg is found at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Hello hp_21, welcome to the forums.

Regarding the black boxes in your screenshots see Nick's post.

If you have 3rd party scenery in your Addons folder, move it above Orbx Libs in your scenery library, set your mesh resolution to 5m and reduce your scenery, autogen and water settings to halfway.

Thanks Guys, but I'm still seeing the black shapes problem. I'm planning on purchasing the vector pack additionally, do you think that would resolve this?

Also, I'm running directX 12 on my PC (with Windows 10), not 10. 

Thanks

-Harsh

2 minutes ago, hp_21 said:

but I'm still seeing the black shapes problem.

Hi

It has nothing to do with which direct x you have installed on your PC....you will need to uncheck the DirectX 10 option in FSX settings as shown in the below image.

FSX DX10.PNG

Archived