"Discover" behaving weirdly, and question re pswd

andy1252

Just upgraded to 4.1. Have to say I'm impressed (and this from a confirmed early disliker). Couple of things -

It seems like the discovery map, on my system at least, has one good instance with all the airports showing, but as I drag left or right I get a new instance of the planet with no airports showing. Eventually I can drag back to the correct planet, but there do seem to be parallel universes with no Orbx scenery (which is probably true in real life anyway, I guess)

And secondly, is it correct that every time Central updates itself it forgets my login and password? Not a major thing but it would be nice if it remembered me.

But generally - congrats! It's coming together nicely.

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

You're welcome.

6 hours ago, andy1252 said:

And secondly, is it correct that every time Central updates itself it forgets my login and password? Not a major thing but it would be nice if it remembered me.

For your info: I didn't need to login again after the update but occasionally I have to enter my username and password again when starting previous versions of ORBX Central. It's like if a cookie has expired.

50 minutes ago, bvdboomen said:

You're welcome.

For your info: I didn't need to login again after the update but occasionally I have to enter my username and password again when starting previous versions of ORBX Central. It's like if a cookie has expired.

Cheers Ben. For me, it seems to happen every time there's an update. A long way from being a problem, I was just curious as to whether it is expected or not. Maybe a dev will reply at some point.

Hi Andy,

20 hours ago, andy1252 said:

It seems like the discovery map, on my system at least, has one good instance with all the airports showing, but as I drag left or right I get a new instance of the planet with no airports showing. Eventually I can drag back to the correct planet, but there do seem to be parallel universes with no Orbx scenery (which is probably true in real life anyway, I guess)

This is a known issue with the mapping library we're using. We're currently looking into a few solutions for this.

As a workaround, I'd recommend not travelling between parallel universes ;)

20 hours ago, andy1252 said:

This shouldn't be happening. Could you try completely uninstalling Central, then re-installing it using the installer on the website?

3 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Could you try completely uninstalling Central,

Hi Ben, will do.

Is there any particular thing to completely uninstall this? I have taken this step in the past when I was having problems with updates previously. On those occasions, I was having problems with incomplete/frozen updates that turned out to be down to back-level software on my Win7 system. I'm now on Win10, so that is sorted, but I do remember that uninstalling Central previously did leave all sorts of stuff sitting around in appdata or similar, so is there a comprehensive list of where Central dumps its stuff so that I can manually ensure all is removed before reinstalling?

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @andy1252,

If performing an uninstall of Orbx Central through 'Add or Remove programs' the few directories to check just in case anything gets left behind are:

• %appdata%\Orbx\Central
  • %localappdata%\Orbx-central-updater

Archived