Can Orbx Central Use Legacy Backup Files

X24

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  P3D v4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Greetings

Is there any way to use the substantial stock of of the dozens of scenery files that I have kept backed up over the years? I am doing a clean install on a new laptop and using FTX Central I could always just do the installations straight from my memory slab. This is going to be a mammoth and time-consuming task if I have to download everything again...

I'd appreciate any guidance. I've been reading the forum for the past hour but didn't find anything on this particular subject. I tried pointing the download backup to a folder where PNW is backed up but it's completely ignored all the backup files and created a new archive of its own. I fear that I have answered my own question. At this point I will probably uninstall Orbx Central and go back to FTX Central.

Cheers

Chris

central.log

Thanks Doug!

1 minute ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi, yes you have....those backups from the the previous app called FTX Central are not compatible with the new Orbx Central.

13 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello X24,

if it helps in the future,

this is result number three from a search for "FTX Central backup"

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the feedback. My post wasn't intended as any kind of criticism or implication of deficiency, rather to point out that I had actually tried to find a solution before reaching out. I own 152 Orbx products and this is the first time I've gotten stuck, on what is a fairly straightforward issue compared with some of the problems that have cropped up in the past.

I sometimes seem to have a knack for missing the obvious, and picking search keywords and phrases that are fruitless. I am therefore very grateful that forums like this exist, and your good self and your colleagues of course.

Cheers

Chris

Archived