Black spots in TE GB Central

miller745

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 11:39 AM, miller745 said:

Noticed these black spots on the ground, rough position 55.353694, -2.296063

Doesn't look like they should be there?

Is this what you are seeing? They look something like moguls you would see on a ski hill run casting shadows when the photo-scenery was created, but I could be wrong.

Hawker_4000 - 2020-03-15 22.55.00.jpg

Hawker_4000 - 2020-03-15 22.52.31.jpg

Hawker_4000 - 2020-03-15 22.53.11.jpg

On 3/16/2020 at 5:06 AM, Sentry11 said:

Is this what you are seeing? They look something like moguls you would see on a ski hill run casting shadows when the photo-scenery was created, but I could be wrong.

That is exactly them.

• 2 months later...

@Jon Clarke

Re-ran the test, definitely Orbx scenery. Then validated files within central, tested again - exactly the same.

Using 11.50b9, shadows enabled. The mesh looks the same with 11.41 release
If you unzip "1__orbxtest.7z" and place in the custom scenery folder. It's a helipad named "OrbxCheviotsTest" placed just east of the screenshots. Lift from there and head west - see what results you get.

scenery_packs.ini 1__orbxtest.7z

5 hours ago, miller745 said:

@Jon Clarke

Re-ran the test, definitely Orbx scenery. Then validated files within central, tested again - exactly the same.

Using 11.50b9, shadows enabled. The mesh looks the same with 11.41 release
If you unzip "1__orbxtest.7z" and place in the custom scenery folder. It's a helipad named "OrbxCheviotsTest" placed just east of the screenshots. Lift from there and head west - see what results you get.

scenery_packs.ini 9.98 kB · 0 downloads 1__orbxtest.7z 1.95 kB · 1 download

I will check it out later but your scenery-packs.ini is completely incorrectly layered and will be the cause of many potential issues. You have 3rd party airports way down below Global Airports when they should be above, and you have the TEGB addons way down the layering.

I will attend to where the Orbx addons are supposed to be.

Insert the attached into your Custom Scenery folder and do another flight. I am not sure it will remove black spots but it will have certainly placed the scenery in the correct layering sequence.

scenery_packs.ini

Thank you, unfortunately nothing has changed with your new scenery_packs.ini.

If you look at post #7, I was wondering if the bad mesh in this general area is causing the black spots - just a theory due to the sudden slope. Not sure if you have missed that part. Here's a screenshot with the new scenery_packs.ini

VSL Cabri-G2 - 2020-06-17 22.15.39.jpg

@Tony Wroblewski any further comments Tony? Can you confirm or remove the case that the mesh may have something to do with the black spots.

@miller745 You state in an earlier post that the "mesh is the same" in 11.40/41. That is a given as there is no change to the addon whatever version of XP is used., but do you have black spots in 11.40/41?

4 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

@miller745 You state in an earlier post that the "mesh is the same" in 11.40/41. That is a given as there is no change to the addon whatever version of XP is used., but do you have black spots in 11.40/41?

Affirm. I wasn't sure if you expected a reorder of the scenery_pack.ini to fix the mesh.

8 hours ago, miller745 said:

Affirm. I wasn't sure if you expected a reorder of the scenery_pack.ini to fix the mesh.

No I didn't think it would as I stated "I am not sure it will remove black spots but it will have certainly placed the scenery in the correct layering sequence."

I think we are looking at 2 different things here. One is the exaggerated mesh and the other is the black spots.

On 6/18/2020 at 6:41 AM, Jon Clarke said:

Can you confirm or remove the case that the mesh may have something to do with the black spots.

It looks like the mesh... I've seen this happen when the  X-Plane can't smooth the normals correctly on a mesh, so under certain lighting conditions you can see what appears to be black or darker squares. I've never seen it that bad as shown above though so at the moment I'm not sure what is causing that.

Archived