0XC000014B Error - Crash to Desktop

MikeFSX

Hello

I purchased EGHI Southampton Airport (order number: 5e36ac3f48147) and EU England (order number: 5e36b32d6ac1d) on the 3rd Feb 2020 and have been experiencing an issue whereby FSX crashes to desktop after 5-10 mins of flying around the Southampton Airport area. If I uninstall the Orbx scenery then the error doesn't occur.

The error I'm getting is related to .NET and is error code 0xc000014b - Unhandled Exception.

My PC spec is relatively powerful and I've never had such issues with FSX for several years.

Intel i7-6700K CPU

16GB RAM

GeForce 980ti GPU

FSX installed on SSD storage

Win 10

It's quite frustrating as I've spent a considerable amount of money on this. I actually only wanted EGHI but after paying and downloading that, I realised I had to buy EU England too, so I spent more than I originally wanted to and it doesn't work.

Please can someone offer me some support on this as I would either like it to work or I'd like a refund on the product as it is not working as it should.

Kind regards

MikeFSX

2 hours ago, MikeFSX said:

The error I'm getting is related to .NET and is error code 0xc000014b - Unhandled Exception.

Hello Mike, welcome to the forums.

A web search for 0xc000014b - Unhandled Exception brings up this article amongst others.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/442316-fsx-crashing-constantly-net-framework-hresult-0xc000014b/

6 hours ago, Smudger said:

Hello Mike, welcome to the forums.

A web search for 0xc000014b - Unhandled Exception brings up this article amongst others.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/442316-fsx-crashing-constantly-net-framework-hresult-0xc000014b/

Thank you, but that thread has nothing to do with a recent installation of Orbx.

I did find some other threads on Google relating to Orbx, but these too were not regarding recent installations.

My FSX install has been working without a hitch until the recent installation of this Orbx scenery, as such I am confident it is something to do with the Orbx software.

I’d rather someone actually provide me with some assistance, rather than a link to a different forum to fix it myself. I’ve paid over $50 for this software.

If no one can provide me with some software support, how do I go about getting a refund please?

Please can someone help?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike

You can apply for a refund by using the "create a ticket" option from the below link. But I can assure you your issue is not caused by Orbx products or we would have had many more of the same posted here.

https://orbxdirect.com/support

Please post a copy of your scenery.cfg file found at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Here is also a search on these Orbx forums I did on your behalf linked below.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/search/?&q=0XC000014B&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

On 2/16/2020 at 5:20 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Mike

You can apply for a refund by using the "create a ticket" option from the below link. But I can assure you your issue is not caused by Orbx products or we would have had many more of the same posted here.

https://orbxdirect.com/support

Please post a copy of your scenery.cfg file found at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Here is also a search on these Orbx forums I did on your behalf linked below.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/search/?&q=0XC000014B&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

Hi Doug

Appreciate and understand what you are saying - thank you.

Many thanks also for the reassurance, I do want the product to work! Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

For clarity, how long do I have before I have to make a refund request, is it 30 days? I just want to know what my time limit is to get this issue fixed!

Please see attached to this post a screenshot of the error, along with the error details (bold) and also the scenery.cfg file details (italic) below:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC000014B): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveDispatch(SignalProcDelegate pfcnSignal)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveMessage()
   at FSXWX.Form1.DefWndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9148 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FSXWX
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/FSXWX.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9136 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9147 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect
    Assembly Version: 10.0.61259.0
    Win32 Version: 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect/10.0.61259.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll
msvcm80
    Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.9659
    Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.9659
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.9659_none_d08cfd96442b25cc/msvcm80.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.9135 built by: WinRelRS6
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind regards

Mike

Screenshot of Error.JPG

scenery.cfg

Thanks Mike

What is this FSXWX item in the error log? Is this an addon you have installed? If so, could you please disable it and try again.

Also, I converted your long copy and paste of the scenery.cfg and reattached as a file we can input to a scenery config editor to read properly.

13 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks Mike

What is this FSXWX item in the error log? Is this an addon you have installed? If so, could you please disable it and try again.

Also, I converted your long copy and paste of the scenery.cfg and reattached as a file we can input to a scenery config editor to read properly.

Hi Doug

FSXWX is a free ‘real weather’ program that I use, I can try disabling it tonight when I’m home.

I hope it’s not that, because I use it all the time. 

Thank you for editing the text into a file. Do you need me to do anything else?

Thanks

Mike

Hey Doug

So I've just tried two identical touch and go circuits of EGHI, first one with FSXWX running, the second one with it not running. I got the exact same CTD in almost the same location/proximity from EGHI.

The only difference with the second CTD compared to the first (and indeed all the other CTD's earlier this week) is that this time, without FSXWX running, I didn't get the error message, it just CTD'd with no pop up dialog box.

Does this give us a clue?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Hi Mike

No, it doesn't really provide any clues, but the next thing I would do is move your UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme to the top of the scenery library using the insertion point tool found in Orbx Central under settings as per the below instructions.

In Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window.

And leave the bottom insertion point as it is.

Then go to settings/help and run the Sync Simulator function.

Then ensure your .net framework is updated with versions 2,3 and 4, using the tool found at the link below, and see the image that illustrates how to activate the earlier versions in win 10.

http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html

Then check out the below topic and maybe update the UIAutomationCore.dll....this is a common cause of FSX CTD's

I have also attached a copy of the Avsim CTD guide.

Also, do you have FSUIPC installed? If not I would recommend at least installing the freeware version, it has been known to help prevent CTD's in FSX.

http://www.fsuipc.com/

AVSIM CTD Guide - 2018.pdf

.net.PNG

Hi Doug

I think I need to do some more testing but the problem appears to be fixed! I did two circuits this evening with no problem.

Is this a permanent fix or do I need to do this every time before I start FSX?

Please do let me know.

Thank you

Mike

Hi Mike

Nothing I have suggested above would ever need to be done every time you start FSX, and not knowing exactly what you did or didn't do from my advice I would hope that it is now fixed as permanently as possible. But like any flight sim or piece of software or hardware, anything can happen at any time.

Glad to hear it is so far so good! :) 

Hi Doug

Was testing tonight and had a similar error when doing an ILS into EGHI. However, I also got an error about a lack of memory on my PC - not sure if related?

Is this a possible culprit? I presumed I was invincible with 16GB for FSX but maybe I'm wrong?

I've pasted the error details below for you:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC000014B): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveDispatch(SignalProcDelegate pfcnSignal)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveMessage()
   at FSXWX.Form1.DefWndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9148 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
FSXWX
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/FSXWX.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9147 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect
    Assembly Version: 10.0.61259.0
    Win32 Version: 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect/10.0.61259.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll
msvcm80
    Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.9659
    Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.9659
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.9659_none_d08cfd96442b25cc/msvcm80.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.9135 built by: WinRelRS6
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi Mike

The memory error you are getting is a common issue with FSX and is called an OOM (Out Of Memory) and has nothing to do with the physical memory RAM you have installed in your system, rather it is referring to a memory type called VAS (Virtual Address Space) which means that FSX is a 32bit program and can only make use of 3-4gb of memory and with high powered PC's using higher settings and more complex addons it uses up this 3-4gb extremely fast and produces the error...it is a decades old issue that you will be able to learn more about by doing a google search using a criteria for example "FSX OOM". The new version simulators are now 64 bit programs and do not have these issues anymore.

Archived