TrueEarth Great Britain South Duplicate Lighthouses

I just purchased and installed TrueEarth Great Britain South a week ago and have been absolutely loving it - stellar work! I have however noticed several lighthouse locations where there are more than one displaying when there shouldn't be. These include, that I've noticed so-far, Anvil Point, Beachy Head (most prominent to me), Bull Point, Godrevy, Hartland Point, Lynmouth, Portland Bill, and Trevose Head. I am running P3DV4.5, with no other scenery addons installed other than ORBX Trees and Libraries on a fresh install of P3D. In each case there is a very detailed/accurate version of the lighthouse showing, but then there is also a more generic lighthouse of different size positioned nearby (which I assume are leftovers from FTX England).

I couldn't really find a previous thread covering this topic, and I just wanted to make this post to see if it is a new issue or if it is known/has been noted.

- John Terrell

Hello John,

it looks to me as if there are bespoke models and then more generic ones that may have been placed before the bespoke models were added.

They all seem to reside in one very impressive bgl file that contains a startling amount of very talented work.

I will leave it to @Sascha Normann to make a properly informed comment for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Yes, I can confirm this happened for me at Southwold, UK - duplicate lighthouses as described above.

I have TE GB South as well as Orbx England.

I disabled Orbx England in Prepar3d's Add-on menu hoping to solve this but it didn't.

Any advice?

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

No simple solution. The same occurs in TEGBN, where, if I'm correct, the file FTX_EU_GBN_POI_PLC_OBX.bgl contains the information needed to place objects around the area. Sadly it contains duplicate lighthouses (as Nick correctly surmised default as well as custom). So there is no one file you can disable to stop this happening.

All the best,

John

Hi Nick,

Completely correct. I will admit to having edited the file I mentioned to  improve one or two of my favourite lighthouses in Scotland.

I'm trying to get a file together to point out the one's that need removing for TEGBN but it's a big task.

If Sascha wants to take a look (I'm sure he already knows) the default objects seem to be

<LibraryObject
         name="{8b63a054-b32e-415d-9884-258008444268}"

or

<LibraryObject
         name="{be7fa036-6133-48cd-b3a3-bdc339e6ab35}"

If they are in very close proximity to another object, chances are, they shouldn't be there ;-)

All the best,

John

Archived