missing fort jefferson

chifan90

hello

I am on Mac 10.15 and the current x-plane version.  I am using Florida SD.    I also have key west.  I have tried verifying files, changing my ini file to list key west first and then tried listing TE first.   no matter what I do,  the 3d model of the Fort Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas does not appear for me.   Please help

2 hours ago, chifan90 said:

hello

I am on Mac 10.15 and the current x-plane version.  I am using Florida SD.    I also have key west.  I have tried verifying files, changing my ini file to list key west first and then tried listing TE first.   no matter what I do,  the 3d model of the Fort Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas does not appear for me.   Please help

I am unfamiliar with the area and would therefore ask you to attach a pic of where this Fort is supposed to be, the nearest airport I would take off from and the coordinates.

@Tony Wroblewski Is Fort Jefferson a POI in TE Florida? I don't see it in TE Florida/Custom/Objects/dry_tortugas

something must be wrong on my end then.   attached is the ini file.    I warn you, it is very long as I have a ton of scenery & I know there are many errors on my log tx file, of non Orbx sceneries.    I don't develop, nor know how to fix them, and or it's custom so I just deal with a pop up error

none the less, here they are.  hope we can solve this.

thanks 

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini scenery_packs.ini.backup-orbx

9 hours ago, chifan90 said:

something must be wrong on my end then.   attached is the ini file.    I warn you, it is very long as I have a ton of scenery & I know there are many errors on my log tx file, of non Orbx sceneries.    I don't develop, nor know how to fix them, and or it's custom so I just deal with a pop up error

none the less, here they are.  hope we can solve this.

thanks 

Log.txt 484.88 kB · 0 downloads scenery_packs.ini 36.44 kB · 0 downloads scenery_packs.ini.backup-orbx 35.64 kB · 0 downloads

I am unable to offer assistance I am afraid as your scenery_packs.ini is a complete mishmash. You don't appear to have Global Airports in your Custom Scenery as it doesn't appear as an entry in the scenery_pack. As a result, you have many airports sitting below your Orbx TE entries. There and all the other addons could potentially cause conflicts.

As a support forum for Orbx addons to work with XP, the addon must be installed into XP as per the normal protocol.

I can offer this advice to see whether or not there is a problem with your installation of TE Florida and Key West.. That is, you disable ALL other addons temporarily, and have a Custom Scenery folder that contains ONLY Key West, TE Florida and Global Airports. It is not a major upheaval as all you need to do is rename your current Custom Scenery folder as Custom Scenery_DISABLED and create a new folder called Custom Scenery. You can the make short cuts of your TE Florida and Key West files and put them into the new Custom Scenery folder. You will however as far as I am aware, need to have a copy of Global Airports in the new folder as well. I leave that aspect for you to determine how you get that folder, but the easiest way is to run the XP installer and it will find Global Airports missing and redownload it. You can always remove it after the test if that is your preference.

You would then run XP and exit. Open Custom Scenery and the scenery_packs.ini and check that 1.Key West, 2.Global Airports and 3.TE Florida are layered in that sequence.

Ah ok. I’ll just deal with it.  Maybe I’ll do a clean install and try it some day.   I don’t know how to make short cuts and I’m also on Mac. 

I also don’t use Global Airports. I purpose deleted that folder.  I don’t like LEGO generic airports.     What would global airports have to do with your custom orbx setup ? It doesn’t make sense to me. 

I just saw the fort on a tv show and it looked cool, and got frustrated it doesn’t load for me in sim.  But Owell 

6 hours ago, chifan90 said:

Ah ok. I’ll just deal with it.  Maybe I’ll do a clean install and try it some day.   I don’t know how to make short cuts and I’m also on Mac. 

I also don’t use Global Airports. I purpose deleted that folder.  I don’t like LEGO generic airports.     What would global airports have to do with your custom orbx setup ? It doesn’t make sense to me. 

I just saw the fort on a tv show and it looked cool, and got frustrated it doesn’t load for me in sim.  But Owell 

Regarding Global Airports, that folder/file in addition to providing all the airports that 3rd party addons don't cater for, also acts as an addon scenry_packs layering guide.

All 3rd party airports should be at the top of the ini followed by Global Airports, followed by any Orbx TE addon, followed by any scenery enhancement addons like SFD Global, X-Europe, C-cityscapes etc. Then follows Ortho4XP overlays, Orho4xp imagery, and finally 3rd party mesh.  If you look at your ini you will see that it doesn't conform to that basic criteria, and as you mention, you will be getting error messages.

Archived