ORBX Libraries FS crashed

Brad Jewett

I installed ORBX Libraries for FSX today. After several hours download, I ran the simulator for the first time. It went well at first so I took off Orlando Executive for the Orlando Seabase at Lake Apopka. As I approached the Seabase my simulator reported out of memory and closed as it has before when I have been using many memory intensive software all day. I usually simply reboot the machine and re-enter the simulator. Tonight the sim would not reboot. It crashes during the splash screen before loading scenery files. I looked at the file base after uninstalling the libraries and there are still several residual folders & files in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ file base.

I am running Windows10 Home x64bit on a Dell Inspiron15 - Core i3 1.70 GHz with 8GB ram. FSX - Acceleration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Brad Jewett

Doug, Thank you for responding. I do wish to install several of the demo's and have an interest in the Orlando area software. I thought I would preview before I buy something that my machine can't handle. I am glad I did because apparently it can't. Now that I have installed the Libraries (so that I may download the Northwest Demo), I have encountered a memory error and would like to recover. Can you help me recover my Simulator after finding that I can't use  the software? Or can you help me to run the ORBX Software?

Very kindly,

Brad Jewett

Good evening, I have uninstalled the Libraries and installed two demos and reinstalled the libraries. I flew two flights successfully and shut the sim down in between the two sessions. On the third shut down when I returned to the sim it would not boot. It shuts down after the splash screen and before loading the sceneries. I have tried to use the MS FSX installation disc to repair unsuccessfully twice and have no idea what to do next.

I did enjoy the new scenery and did not have any issues with frame rate. If I could stop having this problem I would be interested in purchasing at least Orlando. I would like to know more about the Global Base software as well.

Please help,

Brad Jewett

I uninstalled FSX  and reinstalled seems to be working now, however I was not sure the ORBX scenery was working so I just "Verified". I will attempt flying it again in the morning.

Smudger, Not sure what you mean "Event Viewer report" but yes, both Service Packs and Acceleration are installed.

11 hours ago, Brad Jewett said:

"Event Viewer report"

Hello Brad,

with this you can check any faults with FSX having a CTD.

Either type regedit into the search box by Start, or Control Panel -  Administrative Tools - Event Viewer, select Custom Views - Administrative Events.
One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

But if you are all sorted now, no problems :)

Event Viewer FSX.jpg

I am not sure who marks these as "Resolved" but this is issue is NOT RESOLVED. I have flown one flight and have re-entered the sim one time since reinstalling FSX. I am not sure that simply reinstalling the sim has worked and I don't know that anything has been resolved.

Doug,

I apologize for my unrest, I was struggling with that issue and really wanted to be able to use the software. I did end up uninstalling the software and reinstalling which caused me to have to reinstall ORBX also. It loads very slowly, but I think I will be happy with it if it continues to work properly. I am ready to make a purchase and you may close this ticket. Thank you for your help.

Respectfully,

Brad

Archived