True Earth Florida - KMIA

Mike Hotel

Hi,

I picked up TE Florida yesterday and my first port of call was KMIA.

Should it really look like this?

Tampa and Fort Lauderdale look fine - it just appears to be Miami that has the problem.  I have tried all kinds of combinations of sliders and I have verified the TE FL installation and the Orbx Library.

I have attached my log and scenery files....any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark Holden

CirrusSF50 - 2020-02-09 09.34.39.png

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

58 minutes ago, btaylo24 said:

I see the same issue at KMIA as Mark. FYI

scenery_packs.ini 3.29 kB · 0 downloads

Your scenery packs looks OK. I don't see the same as you in my copy of TE Florida. I see the default KMIA airport. I don't know what is causing your problem but there is a simple solution. I attach a zipped copy of the Scenery Gateway default KMIA as is included in the default airports of XP v.11.40. Unzip it and put it in your Custom Scenery folder. It will now be in your XP as a standalone airport addon and should appear correctly when you choose a KMIA flight.

KMIA_Scenery_Pack.zip

I am having the same problem: the ground structure (taxiways and tarmac) is removed compared to the default airport, which means taxiing through the dirt. The exclusion in my case is generated by the scenery pack Orbx_A_US_Florida_Airports. WIth that scenery deactivated, I see the default airport including the correct ground sctructures. The same is achieved by installing the above attached KMIA_Scenery_Pack above the mentioned Orbx Florida AIrports. However, the default rather green ground structure does not blend very well with the orthophotos. Any help appreciated.

16 minutes ago, MaBe said:

I am having the same problem: the ground structure (taxiways and tarmac) is removed compared to the default airport, which means taxiing through the dirt. The exclusion in my case is generated by the scenery pack Orbx_A_US_Florida_Airports. WIth that scenery deactivated, I see the default airport including the correct ground sctructures. The same is achieved by installing the above attached KMIA_Scenery_Pack above the mentioned Orbx Florida AIrports. However, the default rather green ground structure does not blend very well with the orthophotos. Any help appreciated.

Is your TE Florida Airports placed above Global Airports as it should be in the scenery_packs.ini?

@Tony Wroblewski A few customers have reported the same issue with KMIA not having buildings. Please advise/comment.

On 2/9/2020 at 5:23 PM, Sentry11 said:

Save a copy of the "ini" file that you have outside of your "Custom Scenery" folder.

Replace it with the attached "ini" file and see if it helps.

scenery_packs.ini 7.17 kB · 7 downloads

The revised ini file has done the trick!

Thanks to both you and Jon for your assistance, I very much appreciate it.

Time to go exploring.....

Best wishes,

Mark

CirrusSF50 - 2020-02-10 19.38.07.png

1 hour ago, Jon Clarke said:

Is your TE Florida Airports placed above Global Airports as it should be in the scenery_packs.ini?

In my ini file, Florida Airports is above Global Airports.

However, if I place Florida Airports below the Global Airports entry (according to my understanding, as in ini file attached: Global Airports comes first, then Florida Airports further down), I get correct ground structures, but the default green environment shown in the screenshot above. Is that what it's supposed to look like? Please advise if I'm wrong.

Thanks

3 hours ago, MaBe said:

However, if I place Florida Airports below the Global Airports entry (according to my understanding, as in ini file attached: Global Airports comes first, then Florida Airports further down), I get correct ground structures, but the default green environment shown in the screenshot above. Is that what it's supposed to look like? Please advise if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Jon is correct. Keep Florida Airports above Global Airports as it was my error inserting it below Global Airports when revising  "Mike Hotel's" "ini" file.

9 hours ago, MaBe said:

Thanks

Yes. What you are seeing is the colouring that is in the default KMIA as the airport being shown is the default airport. If you have, the TE Florida Airports above Global Airports, as it should be, then you will see the airport that is part of the photo coverage of KMIA in TE Florida. To me it looks bad because it is full of images of parked planes. See the pic below. The TE Florida Airports files is not enhancing any airport but is actually realigning some of the airports/airfields runways to fit the photo imagery.

What I offered in the zip file is to allow the TE Florida realigned runways file to be active, but not to over ride the default KMIA. It is therefore now offered as a standalone addon but is actually just a copy of the default KMIA, placed above Global Airports and TE Florida airports so it is not overwritten.

Here is a pic of KMIA with just TE Florida airports:

Capture.thumb.JPG.6fecedd826d6f289892f7e876921da52.JPG

And now a pic with TE Florida Airports enabled but with the zipped copy of the default KMIA as a standalone addon:

1.thumb.JPG.1b8d58f1a186d86cad6afe3a89ec9152.JPG

In both cases on my installation, the KMIA buildings are visible.

For the sake of curiosity I did the following four different arrangements in the "ini" file and then displayed their results in the attached screenshots.

The first three indicate almost no difference except for the amount, and placement of different static aircraft at the gates and other areas and the fourth just looks plain terrible.

I guess one would just have to choose his or own poison.

Screenshot 1 -  SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ KMIA_Scenery_Pack/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Florida_Airports/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Florida_TE_Custom/
                           SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_Florida_TE_Overlay/
                           SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Florida_TE_Orthos/

Screenshot 2 - SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/

Screenshot 3 - SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ KMIA_Scenery_Pack/

Screenshot 4 - SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Florida_Airports/

1 - 2020-02-11 05.13.34.jpg

2- 2020-02-11 05.02.35.jpg

3 - 2020-02-11 05.27.25.jpg

4 - 2020-02-11 05.41.29.jpg

5 hours ago, Sentry11 said:

For the sake of curiosity I did the following four different arrangements in the "ini" file and then displayed their results in the attached screenshots.

The first three indicate almost no difference except for the amount, and placement of different static aircraft at the gates and other areas and the fourth just looks plain terrible.

I guess one would just have to choose his or own poison.

Screenshot 1 -  SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ KMIA_Scenery_Pack/

Screenshot 2 - SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/

Screenshot 3 - SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ KMIA_Scenery_Pack/

Screenshot 4 - SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Florida_Airports/

1 - 2020-02-11 05.13.34.jpg

2- 2020-02-11 05.02.35.jpg

3 - 2020-02-11 05.27.25.jpg

4 - 2020-02-11 05.41.29.jpg

Correct. The first pic is with the KMIA addon airport (which is just a copy of the default). The second is again just the default airport showing (because it is above TE Florida airports in the scenery packs) The 3rd pic is also the default airports because the KMIA scenery pack is above TE Florida airports in the scenery packs. The 4th is the photo image of the TE Florida imagery for KMIA

On 2/11/2020 at 7:08 AM, Jon Clarke said:

Yes. What you are seeing is the colouring that is in the default KMIA as the airport being shown is the default airport. If you have, the TE Florida Airports above Global Airports, as it should be, then you will see the airport that is part of the photo coverage of KMIA in TE Florida. To me it looks bad because it is full of images of parked planes. See the pic below. The TE Florida Airports files is not enhancing any airport but is actually realigning some of the airports/airfields runways to fit the photo imagery.

What I offered in the zip file is to allow the TE Florida realigned runways file to be active, but not to over ride the default KMIA. It is therefore now offered as a standalone addon but is actually just a copy of the default KMIA, placed above Global Airports and TE Florida airports so it is not overwritten.

Here is a pic of KMIA with just TE Florida airports:

And now a pic with TE Florida Airports enabled but with the zipped copy of the default KMIA as a standalone addon:

In both cases on my installation, the KMIA buildings are visible.

OK thanks, so either green as default or orthophoto ground with flat airplanes at the gates and high thrust required to keep taxiing.

Archived