Can't run Orbx TrueEarth GreatBritainSouth with Orbx London City Airport (EGLC)

Mac6737

Since early last year, I have had Orbx EuropeLC and the England Region installed and operating in P3D v. 4.

Some months ago, I purchased Orbx’s London City Airport (EGLC) and have been delighted with it.  In addition to detail at EGLC itself, I now had several POIs I don’t believe I had before, such as the London Eye.

Then, a few days ago, I bought Orbx’s TrueEarth GreatBritain South and installed it.

Problem: Much detail in London was now missing! – like the London Eye, the Houses of Parliament and clock tower, Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, St. Paul’s and “the Shard” office building.

So, I uninstalled and reinstalled EGLC, figuring that installing GreatBritain South had overwritten some of the EGLC scenery, and I booted up again: No difference.  All those features were still missing.

Ever logical, I then uninstalled GreatBritainSouth, and booted up yet again.  This time, I got several CFG File Errors, all of them apparently related to TrueEarth GBSouth, and I was prompted to say whether I wanted to “unload this area.”  Not without trepidation, I answered yes to all four or five prompts, and the sim proceeded to boot.  Back in London, all was restored to its former glory: St. Paul's, the Tower of London, the London Eye, etc.

QUESTION: Is it possible to run TrueEarth GBSouth compatibly with EGLC, and if so, what should I do now?

I can think of only one further fact that might be relevant.  When I went to Orbx Central to uninstall EGLC, my list of products included TrueEarth Libraries.  This was new, and I don’t know where it came from.  Orbx Central also asked me if I wished to “migrate” GBSouth and EGLC to Libraries.  I didn’t do so.  Should I have?  Would that fix things? 

Thanks all,

Mac6737

Hello Mac

London City airport is totally compatible with TEGBS.

You should not have any problems.

This is what I would do:

01.- Install TEGBS again, the product indeed downloads and installs a folder named Orbx True Earth GBS libraries, this is necessary. It installs in the Orbx folder (out of P3D root)

02.- I would do a refresh of London City airport

03.- Ensure your scenery complexity slider is set to the highest possible

04.- Disable England products in P3D (just leave boxes unchecked) as some images seems to cause problems south of England, near Southampton  while they fix this

Then let us know if this fixed the issue

You don't need to migrate products if they are working fine as you have them. It's up to you though

Regards

Carlos

Carlos,

Thx so much. 

01.  OK. I'll try this.

02.  What is a "refresh"?"  EGLC is installed and functioning well, as far as I can tell. 

03.  OK, but what diff would it make?

04.  Sorry.  I thought I understood the basics of P3D, but I have no clue about how to "disable England products in P3D."  What boxes?  What products?  "Uncheck" them in what menu?   

Thx

Mac6737

Hi Mac

Sorry I was not clear enough

02.- I meant to run the verify files tool of the product but skip this if it is working fine

03.- This is very important to display scenery objects. I was also missing a lot of buildings in London City and is because that slider was half way, in the middle just by taking it to the right will display the "complexity" of the scenery

04.- Not mandatory to do if you don't have image issues south of GBS after installed. TEGBS takes priority above England but if you have those image issue you can disable England like this:

A- Open your SIM

B.- Down the screen you'll see a tab named scenery, go there

C.- Search for the 4 Orbx files for England Product and uncheck the check-boxes on the left and save

praXn1c.jpg

The sim will take a while processing the change, don't do anything until it finishes

Then fly and test

Regards,

Carlos

Carlos,

As I expected, your prescription had absolutely no effect. 

Maybe I was not clear.  EGLC was fine until I installed TEGBS.  After I installed TEGBS, EJLC was severely degraded.  So I uninstalled TEGBS, and EGLC was back again in all its glory.

But I followed your prescription.  After TEGBS was reinstalled, once again I had superb ground textures (but with summertime textures), but highly degraded London scenery.

It is crystal clear that, for whatever reason, when I have both TEGBS and Orbx London (EGLC) installed, I get great textures away from London, but almost none of the detail around London that I got before installing TEGBS.  I am sure that Orbx believes these sceneries are compatible, but on my (plain vanilla) rig they are not.  There is something else I need to do to make these downloads work together.  Meanwhile, I am uninstalling the (expensive) TEGBS.

I would appreciate hearing from Orbx on this point.

Thanks all,

Mac6737 

Hello,

Question

Since early last year, I have had Orbx EuropeLC and the England Region installed and operating in P3D v. 4.

Some months ago, I purchased Orbx’s London City Airport (EGLC) and have been delighted with it.  In addition to detail at EGLC itself, I now had several POIs I don’t believe I had before, such as the London Eye.

Answer

I believe that the additional London buildings are a part of EU England.

Question

Then, a few days ago, I bought Orbx’s TrueEarth GreatBritain South and installed it.

Problem: Much detail in London was now missing! – like the London Eye, the Houses of Parliament and clock tower, Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, St. Paul’s and “the Shard” office building.

Answer

The most likely explanation is that the True Earth Great Britain Libraries were not installed.

Question

So, I uninstalled and reinstalled EGLC, figuring that installing GreatBritain South had overwritten some of the EGLC scenery, and I booted up again: No difference.  All those features were still missing.

Answer 

As this product does not add the missing features, indeed your actions would have no effect.

Question

Ever logical, I then uninstalled GreatBritainSouth, and booted up yet again.  This time, I got several CFG File Errors, all of them apparently related to TrueEarth GBSouth, and I was prompted to say whether I wanted to “unload this area.”  Not without trepidation, I answered yes to all four or five prompts, and the sim proceeded to boot.  Back in London, all was restored to its former glory: St. Paul's, the Tower of London, the London Eye, etc.

Answer 

Once TEGB South was uninstalled, EU England was free to display again.

Question

Is it possible to run TrueEarth GBSouth compatibly with EGLC, and if so, what should I do now?

Answer 

The two products are compatible. The problem does not lie with the airport.

Question

I can think of only one further fact that might be relevant.  When I went to Orbx Central to uninstall EGLC, my list of products included TrueEarth Libraries.  This was new, and I don’t know where it came from.  Orbx Central also asked me if I wished to “migrate” GBSouth and EGLC to Libraries.  I didn’t do so.  Should I have?  Would that fix things? 

Answer 

Please take a look at the Orbx Central User Guide, where the function and operation of Orbx Libraries is explained.

It is the case that the TEGB South installer requires that there is an Orbx Central Library in place for the installation

of the True Earth Great Britain Libraries and for objectflow.

11 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Please take a look at the Orbx Central User Guide, where the function and operation of Orbx Libraries is explained.

It is the case that the TEGB South installer requires that there is an Orbx Central Library in place for the installation

of the True Earth Great Britain Libraries and for objectflow.

Nick,

Many thanks.  I must be a slow learner.  I was familiar with the Orbx Central User Guide.  What I thought I had learned was that the creation of Libraries was optional; its chief value lay in permitting uninstallation and reinstallation of a sim without having to reinstall all the Orbx add-ons.  Since I hope and plan never to have to uninstall P3D v. 4, I have proceeded blithely on my way with no Libraries.  Everything was cool until now.

Before messing further with files when I don't know what I'm doing -- (I believe in Murphy's Law: "If something can go wrong, it will go wrong") -- I am asking for clarification. 

Now you inform me that the TEGB South installer requires an Orbx Central Library in place for the installation.  OK, but I have now installed it twice, apparently without any such library in place -- UNLESS "True Earth Great Britain Libraries," which I never created, but which shows up in my Orbx product list, fulfills this apparent requirement.  Does it?  I add that I can't tell what is in "True Earth Great Britain Libraries"; all I know is that "Version 1.1.0 is installed and is up to date," and is "installed into the Main Library."  But I do not know where the "Main Library" is, or what is in it besides "True Earth Great Britain Libraries." 

To cut to the chase:

1.  What should I do now?  TEGBS looked fine after I installed it, except for the problem with EGLC.  It is now uninstalled, and EGLC looks great again, and all the buildings are there.  I know from experience (see above thread) that if I simply reinstall it, all my London buildings with go poof. 

2.  Carlos advised me to disable four England scenery files, which I did, but which had no apparent effect on the appearance of TEGBS.  Is Carlos right?  Must those files be disabled if I now reinstall TEGBS for a third time?

3.  You mention an Orbx Central Library must be in place for "True Earth Great Britain Libraries" and for objectflow."  You may recall you helped me with objectflow last year, when the birds were missing from Murray Island (YMUI).  One way or another, the birds migrated back, and "objectflow" appears in my Add-ons menu.  Are you saying that I need to do something else with objectflow to make TEGBS function properly? 

Thanks again,

Mac6737

22 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

What is the path to your TEGB Libraries and to objectflow please?

Thank you, Nick, I appreciate your perseverance.  I am way above my pay grade here.  And I have re-read the Manual sections on Libraries, and find them confusing at best.

To answer your question, TEGB Libraries and OrbxObjectFlow appear in this pathway:  C:\users\myself\OrbxLibrary\p3dv4

There are folders  in TEGB Libraries, but I'm not sure why, since I have uninstalled TEGBS, as previously reported.

Meanwhile, looking in my Scenery Library with the sim open, the #1 scenery is FTXAA_ORBXLIBS, and the pathway to it is: C:\ProgramFiles\LockheedMartin\ORBX\FTX_AU\

BTW, What is an "external library"?  External to what?

As of now, the England region looks fine, with snow on the ground, and London looks great, with all POIs in place.  (When TEGBS was installed, everything was green, even at system time, and the (ambiguous) program notes seem to mean it's always summertime in TEGBS.)  

Meanwhile, here in the States, tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday, which is even bigger than impeachment.

Mac6737

Archived