TE South

Restorer0

Just purchased and now it says this ERROR could not locate image file for terrain 

Custom Scenery/ORBX_C_GB-South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/ab90x10000x17.ter

and

same thread but terrain/../textures/ab90x10000x17.dds

Any help greatly appreciated as Xplane now DOESN'T work AT ALL...!!!

53 minutes ago, Restorer0 said:

Just purchased and now it says this ERROR could not locate image file for terrain 

Custom Scenery/ORBX_C_GB-South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/ab90x10000x17.ter

and

same thread but terrain/../textures/ab90x10000x17.dds

Any help greatly appreciated as Xplane now DOESN'T work AT ALL...!!!

Just uninstalled the package and installed again it seems that at the conversion stage it jumps from 0 to "Product Installed". I then ran Verify Files it scanned 31,609 files and then  a green tick by Verify Files appeared. Ran Xplane 11 and it didn't work again with same message. Don't know what I've done wrong??

Hi Jon

I have 1.8TB of free disc. I have seen the posting that your link refers too and tried all of the suggestions - nothing worked sadly.

From one of your previous posts as a solution:-

The other thing you can do is check the size of the 2 folders TEGB South Custom and TEGB South Overlay.

They should be
Custom= 3.59GB, 1727 files, 47 folders

Overlay= 1.83GB, 2976 files, 105 folders

I have checked both of these files in my upload and I have 3.59 GB 1726 files 47 folders and 1.65GB 2877 files 103 folders, so I think something must be wrong somewhere?

@Nick Cooper @Tony Wroblewski @Mitchell Williamson

We are getting rather a lot of similar error message reports about missing Orthos/terrain files and also difference in file sizes for Custom and Overlay files. Not all these posts are related to lack of disk space as highlighted in this thread where the OP has 1.8TB free space.

A few things need clarification please:

1. Is the conversion process performed on the disk to which the addon was downloaded to, or on the Installation disk if different from the download disk?

2. Why can there be a difference in file sizes reported by customers for the TE's Custom and Overlay files but reported as OK after a Very Files run?

3. Verify Files appears to only do a file count and not differentiate if the files for example in Orthos/terrain are jpg or dds. A customer will get a report from the Verify Files that all is OK when in fact it is only the file count that may be OK

I think you are correct @Jon Clarke. After my initial install (which during the process showed me an insufficient diskspace error) eventhough Orbx central paused the installation, and I removed around 100GB of files, I think somehow it got corrupted. I re-installed everything making sure that I had atleast 200GB total space left on my SSD and now it seems to work perfectly. Everything seems to load that didn't want to load before. Thanks man. It looks fantastic and it seems to load incredibly fast for the size of the files.

That's good news. Disk space is so important in downloading and installing these HD versions of the TE series. TEGB is all in HD with no SD option so the requirement for  lots of free disk space to allow the jpg conversion to dds format is essential.

Hi Jon

In frustration I deleted the four files Needles, Custom, Overlay and the other one I can't remember the name. I then installed again bearing in mind I have a new 2 TB memory drive recently installed. It downloaded all the files but when it came to "conversion" it remained static with 0/11,808 for about 20 seconds and then I got a message to say install complete?? I did have the south demo which was superb, that was deleted as per instructions but so far I've wasted my money if it won't work. How would I delete everything and start all over again which I see as my only option? 

You are asking the same questions on a couple of different posts. Please stick to one. The answer to your question regarding uninstalling is replied to by me here:

After the Uninstall, exit completely from Orbx Central from the taskbar (clicking the x on Orbx Central does NOT close it down) Then reboot your PC

Hi Jon

Sorry about the twin posting.

I have just pressed the uninstall button and that took less than 2 seconds to confirm, surely that can't be right?

I still have files in my Custom Scenery with "orbx" somewhere in their title as well?

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/ is still in my scenery_packs as well??

15 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

1. Is the conversion process performed on the disk to which the addon was downloaded to, or on the Installation disk if different from the download disk?

It is converted in the same directory it is installed to.

2. Why can there be a difference in file sizes reported by customers for the TE's Custom and Overlay files but reported as OK after a Very Files run?

Could be many factors, not sure exactly.

3. Verify Files appears to only do a file count and not differentiate if the files for example in Orthos/terrain are jpg or dds. A customer will get a report from the Verify Files that all is OK when in fact it is only the file count that may be OK

Central checks if:

• The .jpg exists
    • If so and the .dds doesn't exist, it converts it
    • If not and the .dds doesn't exist, it downloads it
  • The .dds exists
    • It only checks that it does exist, no other checks can be performed

If the .dds exists and is corrupt, Central will not pick up on it and they'll need to be deleted.

9 hours ago, Restorer0 said:

Hi Jon

Sorry about the twin posting.

I have just pressed the uninstall button and that took less than 2 seconds to confirm, surely that can't be right?

I still have files in my Custom Scenery with "orbx" somewhere in their title as well?

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/ is still in my scenery_packs as well??

I am assuming you only ,via Orbx Central, uninstalled TEGB South so it will still have any other Orbx addon you may have installed showing and not uninstalled . That is correct. If you also want to uninstall OrbxLibsXP you need to open Orbx central and click on General and find the OrbxLibxXP entry and click on Uninstall.

Attach you current scenery_packs.ini so i can see what it is showing. Have you not yet reinstalled TEGB South?

I've been told I need to install of this before hand? is that correct? I will send scenery packs this evening, haven't re-installed yet? IF they are required and as I haven't downloaded them before will everything still work??

Windows 7 SP1+, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are supported. The following components need to be installed for Central to function correctly:

Hi Jon as requested scenery pack info

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/TE South/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Custom Scenery/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/HD Forests/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KLAS - Las Vegas McCarran International Airport v 2.0 b3/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KLAX - Los Angeles International/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KLAX - Los Angeles Orthophotos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KPHX - Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSAN - San Diego International/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco Cable Cars/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco V2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Golden Gate Bridge/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Oakland Bay Bridge/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/London EGLL/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/London_XP/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/London_XP_2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LondonXP_autogen/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LondonXP_Night_Map/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MisterX_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/R2_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/The_Handy_Objects_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/WT3-SFD-KLAXHD-v100/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - New York/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC/

6 hours ago, Restorer0 said:

I've been told I need to install of this before hand? is that correct? I will send scenery packs this evening, haven't re-installed yet? IF they are required and as I haven't downloaded them before will everything still work??

Windows 7 SP1+, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are supported. The following components need to be installed for Central to function correctly:

I already have installed Microsoft Visual c ++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) and (x86) other years as well but not 2015??

Because I have these it won't let me download anything from the above recommendation.

OrbxLibxXP nowhere on computer

9 hours ago, Restorer0 said:

Hi Jon as requested scenery pack info

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KLAS - Las Vegas McCarran International Airport v 2.0 b3/

I have no idea as to what you are doing when installing these addons. If the pic ( I asked for a copy not  a pic) is of your scenery_packs.ini the it is totally screwed up and you are modifying your installations. For example you  have a single folder in there called TE South.what is that. It certainly isn't how Orbx Central would have installed TEGB South. There would be 3 totally independent folders of Custom, Overlay and Orthos not a single folder. Next, you have a whole series of London XP files which are not compatible with TEGB South as all the requirements and details for London are within TEGB South and only require the XP default, London Landmarks to fill in any gaps regarding landmarks in London. REMOVE all the London XP files.

The placement of TE South is also in the wrong place, it should be just below Global Airports.

You have a folder called Custom Scenery again in the scenery_packs.ini which itself is inside the XP Custom Scenery folder! You have addon airports below Global Airports instead of above etc.

I don't understand why you are not able to download the 2015 Visual Studio. Try again because I have just downloaded it again with no problem via the link already given.Install the version that suits your OS which i assume is 64bit.

When that is done, use Orbx Central to uninstall the TEGB South, delete any and all files you see in any location on your Disks that refer to TEGB South.

Reboot your PC. Then use Orbx Central to download TEGB South again and direct the installation to your XP directory not any self created library. When that is done go to the link I give you and download and install the OrbxLibsXP. You don't see it anywhere at the moment because you probably haven't downloaded and installed it. It is not an automatic download nor a part of TEGB South so you have to download it. 

Here is the link to the OrbxLibsXP but I strongly recommend you use Orbx Central to download and install. I also suggest you read the Orbx Central manual.

available here:

https://orbxdirect.com/central#downloads

OrbxLibsXP Link: https://orbxdirect.com/support

2015 Visual studio won't download because the computer says it already exists?? I presume that is the 2017 version. because of that I can't download the 2015 version. Does it not work with the 2017 version?

I have always chosen the Xplane default folder when given a choice about whether to load into that or choose a folder of my own.

As for deleting files which contain TEGB South when I have tried to delete files before the compute says "it can't delete because it is running in another program orbxcentral.exe" it still saya that when all I have open is file explorer..??

I presume you have guessed by now I am not a computer whizz but I am able to follow directions having a PHD so if you could tell me in simple language what I need to do that would be most helpful.

I will read the document included and try your suggestions tonight when I get home.

The simple instructions are listed in my previous post:

Use Orbx Central to uninstall the TEGB South, delete any and all files you see in any location on your Disks that refer to TEGB South.

Reboot your PC. Then use Orbx Central to download TEGB South again and direct the installation to your XP directory not any self created library. When that is done go to the link I give you and download and install the OrbxLibsXP. You don't see it anywhere at the moment because you probably haven't downloaded and installed it. It is not an automatic download nor a part of TEGB South so you have to download it. 

Here is the link to the OrbxLibsXP but I strongly recommend you use Orbx Central to download and install. I also suggest you read the Orbx Central manual.

available here:

https://orbxdirect.com/central#downloads

OrbxLibsXP Link: https://orbxdirect.com/support

Forget about 2015 Visual for now.  Orbx central will run until you click on the icon in the task bar at the bottom right of your  screen. So when you have uninstalled via Orbx Central, your TEGB South, you need to close and Exit Orbx central. Then start looking in Custom Scenery if any TEGB South files still exist. If they do then delete them. Orbx Central will not be running so you won't be prevented from deleting.

Then reboot your PC and follow the download and installation process I gave before.

There is something not right when I see in your Scenery_packs.ini a folder just called TE South. Orbx central would not have installed a single file like that. It would have installed TEGB South like this:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/

Delete also the file in your Custom Scenery folder called Custom Scenery. I have no idea how that named file got in there.

If Orbx Central cannot uninstall TEGB South then close and exit Orbx Central and go into your Custom Scenery folder and delete the folder you have labelled as TE South

Hi Jon

I deleted everything and started again and SUCCESS..!!! it looks awesome.

I would like your help though please?

I have copied my scenery pack for you could you advise what needs deleting and what needs changing please? Sorry don't know any other way of including other than copying.

Last thing at London City I have a huge ramp in the middle of the runway..!!! how do I get rid of that?

many thanks for your patience with me appreciated.

Kind regards

Mark

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLH_Needles/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/

The buildings around Canary Wharf (other side of the river from the Millennium Stadium or O2 Arena) are not having good night lighting. It is a known problem and no promises have been made to rectify it as it would require major remodeling of the buildings.

I need you to attach your scenery_packs.ini and I will reorder it correctly for you. You need to open your Custom Scenery folder and then drag the scenery packs file to the area in your post I show in the pic below.

In the mean time and BEFORE you attach your scenery packs file you need to delete the following folders from your Custom Scenery:

How to attach your scenery_packs.ini file:

Capture.thumb.JPG.5ab91b1bebb633544e8d34064bd0975d.JPG

Here you go. I have rearranged your scenery_packs.ini into the correct layering sequence. I am not sure what this is:

so maybe you can explain what exactly this addon is? Is it an airport, a WT3 traffic route?

Note that the TEGB South addon requires the London Landmarks file to be above it in the scenery order to allow all the details within that file to complement the additional landmarks made by Orbx in the TEGB South addon. That is why I have moved it to it's location.

You also have got 2 entries for EGLL Heathrow. You can only have one so you need to choose which one you want. There is the Aerosoft one and another that you have labelled as just EGLL. Here are the 2 entries you need to decide on.

Remember to delete the one you don't want, from the Custom Scenery folder. When you start XP after the deletion, the one you deleted will not appear as an entry in your scenery_packs.ini so you can leave the scenery pack alone and not make any changes. Place the attached scenery_packs.ini into your Custom Scenery folder and let it overwrite the one you currently have in there. Keep a copy of this new one in a safe place for now.

scenery_packs.ini.ini

Archived